Good Morning | Syracusefan.com

Good Morning

FreeFries100

Walk On
Understandably there is a lot of negativity on this board, but come on. Yes this is a tough game, against a good team, on their court, we're missing one of our key players, blah, blah... I'm not naive, but WE DO have the ability to win this game. I for one think we will win this game. There, someone said it.

Between reading the comments on this board and every pundit out there, I might as well not waste my time watching and do something else later this afternoon. But as they say, they play the game for a reason. Anything can happen. L'ville can shot brick city and get in foul trouble, Triche can come out on fire and someone like Grant or Cooney really step up. You never know.

There are way to many of us who just don't think we have a chance. Between hearing some of you say "we get rolled" or "I'll be happy if we only lose by 7"...seroiously? It's time for an attitude adjustment! Let's go!

Enjoy the game...Let's GO ORANGE!

The last 3 years we've been expected to win almost every game, it's a weird feeling to be an underdog. This is a measuring stick, win or lose, just play hard and smart and we'll be in it till the end.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, I don't think it makes that much of an impact on the rest of the season. Just my $0.02.

We need to start playing better all-around before we worry about making a run at the end of the year.

Understandably there is a lot of negativity on this board, but come on. Yes this is a tough game, against a good team, on their court, we're missing one of our key players, blah, blah... I'm not naive, but WE DO have the ability to win this game. I for one think we will win this game. There, someone said it.

Between reading the comments on this board and every pundit out there, I might as well not waste my time watching and do something else later this afternoon. But as they say, they play the game for a reason. Anything can happen. L'ville can shot brick city and get in foul trouble, Triche can come out on fire and someone like Grant or Cooney really step up. You never know.

There are way to many of us who just don't think we have a chance. Between hearing some of you say "we get rolled" or "I'll be happy if we only lose by 7"...seroiously? It's time for an attitude adjustment! Let's go!

These are the type of games you go against conventional wisdom. I have seen it way too many times.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, I don't think it makes that much of an impact on the rest of the season. Just my $0.02.

We need to start playing better all-around before we worry about making a run at the end of the year.
Well no single game really makes a big impact on the season, since everything gets erased come tourney time. But if we want to win the Big East regular season title, this game is almost as big as it gets for a regular season game.

I really think the length of our zone will give louisville trouble. Obviously our zone discourages driving and forces an abundance of threes. Siva and smith will have a tough time shooting over lengthy guards and wings, and are also prone to get out of control so we maybe be able to pick up a charge or 2. This isn't a prolific scoring Louisville team which I really think will allow us to muddy the game. Then again I don't see us scoring much either . I wouldn't be surprised to see this game in the 50s or 60s. I actually think having grant get more pt may actually benefit us as he is a better rebounder and one of the best interior defenders on the team. He is always in the right spot in his rotations and has good close out on 3 point shooters. If someone can get hot we very much have a chance. The key will be rakeems ability to hold his own in te paint and mcws ability to run the offense. I would really like to see them run the offense through fair again since that was the best we looked offensively all year. I don't think we can primarily run pick and roll with mcw and triche and expect much success . This is going to be a close low scoring game, and very give Syracuse a very good chance

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact I was planning on writing a similar post when I saw you had beat me to the punch. Way too many people are looking at this game as David vs. Goliath and not seeing that it's actually Goliath vs. Goliath. Louisville has a great coach and some fantastic players. Well, so do we!! I recognize that this will be a difficult game, in their house and without Southy. But I also see that we can break their press, protect the ball, control Russ, win the battles in the paint, get their bigs in foul trouble, force them into jumpers and get key contributions from Triche and Fair. I think this game is a fantastic opportunity for MCW and Christmas to show their true worth and when we win, there will be a rekindled conversation about who the best team in the country truly is. LGO!!

We lose by double digits or win a nailbiter.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact I was planning on writing a similar post when I saw you had beat me to the punch. Way too many people are looking at this game as David vs. Goliath and not seeing that it's actually Goliath vs. Goliath. Louisville has a great coach and some fantastic players. Well, so do we!! I recognize that this will be a difficult game, in their house and without Southy. But I also see that we can break their press, protect the ball, control Russ, win the battles in the paint, get their bigs in foul trouble, force them into jumpers and get key contributions from Triche and Fair. I think this game is fantastic opportunity for MCW and Christmas to show their true worth and when we win, there will be a rekindled conversation about who the best team in the country truly is. LGO!!
Agree 100% with all of this. I can't believe the negativity. Reading this board you'd think this was the Showtime Lakers against Savannah State. It's #1 vs. #6. We're 16-1, have been in the top 10 for almost two years straight and have a hall of fame coach who knows our opponent inside and out (granted, with limited success, but still). We are an underdog, no question. Anyone playing at the #1 team would be. But expecting to get rolled? Lucky to keep it close? C'mon. I'd expect no more than a four point game no matter who wins. And it could very well be us.

Sure Louisville is great on defense, but so are we. I for one am not buying the fact that Louisville is that much better than us. Check the stats out. We both shoot 32 percent from three, and both shoot about 45 percent from the field. We are the better rebounding team than they are. We have a better chance at winning this game than a lot of people think.

Win or lose (win!), this game will be tremendous experience for the young guys playing a high-profile game in a hostile environment. Should really help them begin to develop that consistency and high-quality play they will need come March.

Okay, guys, wait a minute here! I am as passionate a fan as any of you. Does it make me a "bad fan" that I am wrapping my mind around the possibility of a loss? Isn't this a place where we can talk about our hopes and fears? I hope we win and I believe we CAN win. But I believe it is more likely we will lose. I will be thrilled to be wrong! And the people on the board who were firmly convinced that we would win can come back on the board and give all of us who were worried the raspberry. And we won't even care because WE WON!

I love the metaphor of Goliath v. Goliath! That is exactly what this game is. Louisville is just as worried about us as we are about them. Go Cuse!

To me its a Big East road game against a top 10 opponent. If we were 1968 UCLA reincarnate I would feel there was a good chance of a loss.

"Understandably there is a lot of negativity on this board, but come on. Yes this is a tough game, against a good team, on their court, we're missing one of our key players, blah, blah... I'm not naive, but WE DO have the ability to win this game. I for one think we will win this game. There, someone said it."

supersize mickey dee #3. the DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY MEAL.

Someone has to win and someone has to lose. It isn't negativity to think SU might, or some even say will, lose. It's also silly all the threads most games give our opponent no chance to win.

We lose by double digits or win a nailbiter.

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors