Good omens... the #44 | Syracusefan.com

Good omens... the #44

MELOKEITH

Scout Team
I'm curious if anyone else has had any random 44's show up in their everyday life lately? Coincidences? A case of simple heightened awareness? Or something more?

Here's my list:
- started with a couple of days in a row glancing at digital clocks precisely at 4:44
- then Ennis gets the ball with 4.4 seconds left and wins the game
- by the way, that was win #944 for Coach
- the next day, I got an email from Glasses USA for "a complete pair of glasses for $44"
- watching the 'Cuse - NCSt game, I notice at one point, they're knotted at 44 - 44
- multitasking and not watching the NBA all-star game closely, I suddenly look up, and sure enough - the score is tied, 44-44
- I posted this randomness on facebook, and after my sister replied, my brother commented later, "I just read Karen's comment, and it says it was posted 44 minutes ago!"
- finally (for now) my niece commented that she was bought something and the total came to $44.44 - the cashier told her to play the lottery

admittedly some of these are just silly, but still, it makes you go hmmm (cue C&C Music Factory)

I was in my favorite brew pub Friday night with four other people. I looked out the frosted over window next to our table to see a bright white perfectly framed 44 on a building a half a block away. I was mocked for trying to photograph it (unsuccessful) with my phone.

I'm curious if anyone else has had any random 44's show up in their everyday life lately? Coincidences? A case of simple heightened awareness? Or something more?

Here's my list:
- started with a couple of days in a row glancing at digital clocks precisely at 4:44
- the next day, I got an email from Glasses USA for "a complete pair of glasses for $44"
- watching the 'Cuse - NCSt game, I notice at one point, they're knotted at 44 - 44
- multitasking and not watching the NBA all-star game closely, I suddenly look up, and sure enough - the score is tied, 44-44
- I posted this randomness on facebook, and after my sister replied, my brother commented later, "I just read Karen's comment, and it says it was posted 44 minutes ago!"
- finally (for now) my niece commented that she was bought something and the total came to $44.44 - the cashier told her to play the lottery

admittedly some of these are just silly, but still, it makes you go hmmm (cue C&C Music Factory)
All i know is before ea ncst trapped turnover in the last min , i spent a lot of time staring at the white 44 jersey and the JBrown tribute along the top of the dome. Worked for me

Everyone I work with thinks I'm insane because I said before the Pitt game we were gonna win because I had 44's coming up in my numbers all day...

Most do not understand the significance of 44 to the 'Cuse.

I remember that as well and it was at that point where I was convinced we were going to pull out a win (although have to admit, my faith was shaken a bit after Ennis got called for the offensive foul).

Here's my list:

My daughter switched club soccer teams and she was allowed to pick any number...went with 44. Not a common soccer number but she doesnt care. Everytime she has got to choose a number she has picked 44.

One last 44 story...when i use to go work i would set the alarm for4:44 not 4:45. Wife thought I might have a problem. Lol

Here's my list:

Here's my list:

This stuff happens to me all of the time. It's part of the SU-Fandom karma, love it!

Yes. All the time. Most recent one was last night I went to an SU event with an artist, and also there was Bruno Lucchese who sculpted the Ernie Davis sculpture that is in front of the dome.. #44!!!
Bruno & Ann are in Phoenix to teach

I think I can top that. The other day I needed to help someone with something and they showed me a receipt and it was dated April 7, 2003. I did a double take and I said I know what I was doing on that exact date eleven years ago. People looked at me liked I had two heads.

orangefan13 said:
and the final four is in texas that is good for cuse basketball and football :)

I like to do 44 pushups on gamedays, I am not supersticious (which is a good thing in my case), but it gets me pumped up for Syracuse.

And I'm going to do my best to go. It will just depend if I can afford the tickets.

Not a 44 story, but still cool...

On my way to the Regional Finals in Albany in 2003, I stopped to fill up the gas tank.

The pump shut off at exactly $19.87

I squeezed the handle again, and the pump next shut off at $19.96

You all know what comes next ... I made damn sure that I pumped exactly $20.03 into the tank.

Still have the receipt somewhere. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom