Goodine | Syracusefan.com

Goodine

Orangemen

All Conference
Love what he brought to the table last night. Nice defense and some really nice plays on offense.

The blocked three followed by his own 3 (or maybe 2 can’t quite remember) was excellent.

had another really nice drive with the ball where he crossed up his defender then hit a mid range shot.

one of the things I liked best about him on the floor was getting JG3 off the ball. Having JG3 as a spot up option from deep looked great in the second half.

if this team makes a run in the ACCT, having him step up in a meaningful way as the season winds down could be a big part of that.

either way, really happy to see him showing out a bit before the season ends. Excited for what he will bring to the table next year.

He was fine and the team would not sink if he played regular minutes (5-10 ) each game. That said if Buddy's ankle is right he will be back out there Saturday at 35 plus.

Girard still played point with Goodine in the game. He did hit open looks.

I believe Goodine played so well because he knew he had a much longer leash than usual. It's amazing what a kid can do when he's not scared to make a mistake, that he thinks will land him on the bench 30 seconds after checking in.

This is why I wish JB would play some of these guys more minutes (5-10) early in the season. Let them play through their mistakes in games we should win (I.e. - Cornell, Colgate, etc.) It can only help when we get to the meat of our schedule. Kids have more experience, more confidence and our top guys aren't overextended playing 38-40 night in and night out.

I believe Goodine played so well because he knew he had a much longer leash than usual. It's amazing what a kid can do when he's not scared to make a mistake, that he thinks will land him on the bench 30 seconds after checking in.

This is why I wish JB would play some of these guys more minutes (5-10) early in the season. Let them play through their mistakes in games we should win (I.e. - Cornell, Colgate, etc.) It can only help when we get to the meat of our schedule. Kids have more experience, more confidence and our top guys aren't overextended playing 38-40 night in and night out.

images-45.jpg

PREACH!!

Goodine looked good. With that shooting motion, his jumper (and confidence) will improve. He needs minutes.

Note for future: 4 assists in 18 minutes (GG3 had 1 in 37 minutes). Hmmm.

As JB mentioned in his presser Joe had 4 turnovers in the last 5 minutes and that certainly wasn’t good as he seemed to want to make the flashy play. But I wouldn’t read too much into Goodine having 4 assists to Joe’s 1...after all Joe’s best passes of the game resulted in nothing. He zipped one underneath to Goodine who missed a layup and then he did the same thing to QG who didn’t go right up with the ball. Seems to happen a lot that his best passes result in nothing.

As JB mentioned in his presser Joe had 4 turnovers in the last 5 minutes and that certainly wasn’t good as he seemed to want to make the flashy play. But I wouldn’t read too much into Goodine having 4 assists to Joe’s 1...after all Joe’s best passes of the game resulted in nothing. He zipped one underneath to Goodine who missed a layup and then he did the same thing to QG who didn’t go right up with the ball. Seems to happen a lot that his best passes result in nothing.

Also should be noted that Joe can’t pass to himself, in terms of getting assists. Most assists come off guys hitting jumpers. Joe was hitting spot up jumpers. Buddy wasn’t out there to hit spot up jumpers. Less assists for Joe. More assists for guys passing to Joe.

Well he probably gets the start tomorrow and will play many minutes. Look for HW to play some to give BG and JGIII a rest. Should be interesting. I think the team and the fans will be "up" for the game. Need to end the losing steak to UNC tomorrow.

I really wish I could disagree but you're spot on. I also think that Edwards has earned some spot (5-8 minutes) duty.
Edwards isn’t much better on defense than what everyone says about our pair on top of the zone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom