Goody Bag: Being Buddy Boeheim, Mike Hopkins on U-Dub | Syracusefan.com

Goody Bag: Being Buddy Boeheim, Mike Hopkins on U-Dub

So does this mean JB won't coach for three more years after this one? I mean if its that hard and he doesn't like it...

Hop already realizes no one sees his team play and he has to fight the notion that the PAC 12 is terrible. You better win the conference championship or you might get left out of the tournament.

So does this mean JB won't coach for three more years after this one? I mean if its that hard and he doesn't like it...
It’s ironic that his own son may cause him to retire. Maybe this is Julie’s plan.

I do not buy that Jimmy is not enjoying coaching Buddy for one second, but what do i know out here in NM.

I would think Jimmy would be thrilled with Buddy's progress, which very few on this board expected, though I did post multiple times that i thought Buddy might help this season, so no surprise to me.

Hop already realizes no one sees his team play and he has to fight the notion that the PAC 12 is terrible. You better win the conference championship or you might get left out of the tournament.

Reading the Hop portion is like browsing the SyracuseFan recruiting board. I knew he had some of our major targets but it's like 6 or 7! Dang man.

I guess to add: So what was it that kept these kids from Syracuse? They refused to play for Boeheim? Hop runs basically the same system thousands of miles away from where most of these guys are from and they almost never get on TV and might never play in an NCAA tournament and yet they go there over SU (or after spurning a Hop-having SU to go elsewhere and then transferring). I guess JB has been holding Hopkins back? Or What?

So what was it that kept these kids from Syracuse? They refused to play for Boeheim? Hop runs basically the same system thousands of miles away from where most of these guys are from and they almost never get on TV and might never play in an NCAA tournament and yet they go there over SU (or after spurning a Hop-having SU to go elsewhere and then transferring). I guess JB has been holding Hopkins back? Or What?
All of the above.