Gorgei Deing | Syracusefan.com

Gorgei Deing

edowd26

Hall of Fame
Is crushing it tonight. Granted he's playing against some small individuals, he looks like a BEPOY player.

Is crushing it tonight. Granted he's playing against some small individuals, he looks like a BEPOY player.
Most impactful in the BE. Difference maker.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Most impactful in the BE. Difference maker.

kids awesome, good skills but an incredible motor. If Chino could turn into Dieng i'd be a pig poop.

Lville isn't built to play against a zone though. Last year we made dang look like dung.

Lville isn't built to play against a zone though. Last year we made dang look like dung.
terrible shooting team they were 0-16 for 3s last i saw. But i remember dieng being an impact player defensively

Dieng hasn't faced a bull like Coleman before either. I would give the advantage to a Coleman/Christmas tandem over a Dieng/Behanan. Coleman's girth could get Dieng into all kinds of foul trouble.

Dieng hasn't faced a bull like Coleman before either. I would give the advantage to a Coleman/Christmas tandem over a Dieng/Behanan. Coleman's girth could get Dieng into all kinds of foul trouble.
behanan isn't playing in this sucker.. its montrezl harrell.. he isn't bad...

I do think Cuse vs the ville will be one hell of a battle. their guards are little and not on par with ours.

I'm a Dieng fan. Great player, seems like a great kid. I got a feeling he's going to block a lot of Coleman's shots this year.

I'm a Dieng fan. Great player, seems like a great kid. I got a feeling he's going to block a lot of Coleman's shots this year.

The best way to attack a shot blocker is to get your body on them and take it right at them. That's something that Arinze never did against Thabeet; would love to see Coleman avoid falling into the finesse trap against a shotblocker like Dieng.

The best way to attack a shot blocker is to get your body on them and take it right at them. That's something that Arinze never did against Thabeet; would love to see Coleman avoid falling into the finesse trap against a shotblocker like Dieng.

The best example I have ever seen of that, was Dejuan Blair vs Thabeet in a game at Storrs. He would back him down Mark Jackson-style, and score over him all night. Thabeet was totally intimidated after he got body-slammed by Blair contesting a rebound.

and wasn't Dieng their plan B after losing out on Fab?

and wasn't Dieng their plan B after losing out on Fab?

He was, I believe. How he's not a preseason first-team BE player everywhere and the odds-on favorite for BE POY escapes me.

Insert Kyle Couric. Dude just seems to light up Cuse up every time we've seen Lville, aside from last years fluke.

And Dieng looks like a shot blocking beast.

Has his shot improved? That's how we handled them last year, just let Dieng catch it and sag back. Make Dieng beat you from 10-15 feet because he was throwing up bricks. I almost felt bad for him after a while - until I saw Pitino in his pimp-suit.

He was, I believe. How he's not a preseason first-team BE player everywhere and the odds-on favorite for BE POY escapes me.

I have always liked Dieng and would take him on my team any day. Don't think he has enough offense to be considered a POY candidate although his offense is better than the avg fan thinks. He should be a preseason first team BE player like you say due to his all around game, defense, motor, etc.

Wow... would you rather have Coleman/Rak than Dieng/Behanan?

I think that's going to happen, too. Coleman has a very low release point; got stuffed a couple times on Sunday by a 6'5" kid who didn't seem to be a leaper.

This.

Insert Kyle Couric. Dude just seems to light up Cuse up every time we've seen Lville, aside from last years fluke.

And Dieng looks like a shot blocking beast.

Thankfully Kuric graduated.

Dieng is a beast, and he's got 3 yrs on our FRESHMAN Coleman so he'll likely dominate him.
The kid who killed us on the boards last year was Behanan, but Dieng should've been preseason BE-DPOY, w/out question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom