Gosh, if Grant leaves too... | Syracusefan.com

Gosh, if Grant leaves too...

SUintheVille said:
SU next year might not even be good enough to play D1 ball... (sarcasm alert)

22-10, 21-11.

Reality.

Fun... because expectations will be tempered.

I feel the same way. I find seasons where we enter w/ lower expectations and supposedly overachieve to be the most fun to follow as a fan. Some of JB's best teams entered the season w/ lower expectations relative to the program's standards. I'm not complaining when we're preseason top 10 either though.

I honestly am not even that worried. Of course I wanted Ennis to stay, but these are ALL elite D-1 players. We will have another great year next season with or without Grant. Even though it is obvious the team would be better with Grant.

Also, Kaleb Joseph is a good looking PG.

I wish.

Expectations never seem to be tempered once the season approaches.. As soon as BB practice starts and we go 16-1 pre-conference all the final four talk will start again.

I'd rather lose some early season games to major conference teams and play some of our apparently highly regarded benched recruits and maybe have the possibility of a better balanced team.

I think the relative softness of our early season competition raises exaggerated expectations. Not sure JB is taking the right approach.

I'm sure if I told him that he'd set me straight.

22-10, 21-11.

Reality.
tee - Copy (3).jpg

The potential is there for 5 maybe even 6 guys not to be back. Baye and Fair. Ennis and Grant. Coleman. And then if someone decides to use the T word (which I don't think we see).

The potential is there for 5 maybe even 6 guys not to be back. Baye and Fair. Ennis and Grant. Coleman. And then if someone decides to use the T word (which I don't think we see).
I think a lot of turnover would be a good thing. This year's team obviously had major problems that became evident at the end of the year.
Give me Joseph, Cooney, Roberson, McCullough, and Christmas and I think the offense is much improved come tourney time - though there would be growing pains getting there.

Coleman? C'mon. Speculation is awesome. Where honestly do you think a damaged center who averaged 2.5 ppg is going to go?

One thing that I have noticed tonight is that the Florida and Arizona forwards are terrific passers as well. Adds another dimension. REALLY impressed with both teams. UCLA and SDSU giving them all they can handle.

Coleman? C'mon. Speculation is awesome. Where honestly do you think a damaged center who averaged 2.5 ppg is going to go?

Where did I say xfet? I'm talking about next year. Like Fair and Rnnis he may not be back either...due to injury in his case.

One thing that I have noticed tonight is that the Florida and Arizona forwards are terrific passers as well. Adds another dimension. REALLY impressed with both teams. UCLA and SDSU giving them all they can handle.
yup... our two forwards couldnt create for the dead...great kids and players but not enough dimensions offensively to maintain a level of consistency

I think a lot of turnover would be a good thing. This year's team obviously had major problems that became evident at the end of the year.
Give me Joseph, Cooney, Roberson, McCullough, and Christmas and I think the offense is much improved come tourney time - though there would be growing pains getting there.

We can hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom