Got an email from g tech | Syracusefan.com

Got an email from g tech

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I never understood the white out. If a company is sponsoring shirts, obviously white is the cheapest way to go. But why not tell everyone to wear yellow (or whatever your colors are)? I'm sure most fans have at least one shirt in their team's color. JS

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I never understood the white out. If a company is sponsoring shirts, obviously white is the cheapest way to go. But why not tell everyone to wear yellow (or whatever your colors are)? I'm sure most fans have at least one shirt in their team's color. JS
TL;DR Yo, why's it gotta be a WHITE out?

I think the white outs look good. Looked impressive on TV at Bud Walton in Fayetteville a few years ago.

Probably because white would stand out more on tv than most teams' home colors. Yellow is obviously bright enough to stand out just as well but black, or blue, or some other darker, warmer colors might not do so well. Also, there's the issue of fading and different shades of the school's colors. White is much more uniform. I know you could grab 10 fans at an SU game and none of them would be wearing the same shade of orange.

they're not talking white tee shirts. they're talking hair color.

ncb_a_cremins_mb_300.jpg

"The only color orange looks better with than platinum, is white"

-Nike

Isn't every Syracuse road game a White Out game? Over the past couple years we must have had 10 of these things and I think we are possibly undefeated in them.