Gotta give AJ credit Even though Curtis | Syracusefan.com

Gotta give AJ credit Even though Curtis

CaliCuse

All American
bailed his cajones out with two spectacular plays in centerfield. The bats that produced the win weren't even the big name/money guys like ARod, Tex and Robby. That might be good for tomorrow I hope Nick has a biggme. The poor guy finally gets a hit and they hold up Arod coming around third. It makes sense because the bll was already in the OFs hands and a close hard play probably injures ARod again. In a winner takes all game the ball is being given to manchild Nova. So far a very good year and now being given a chance to join legendary status.BTW That airbag bunt that seemed destined to falling untouched by Martin or Burnett that Arod ranin and caught was reminiscent of a long ago play by Billy Martin. I think Billy's was during a WS and endeared him to Casey Stengel for awhile until he was blamed for Mickey's wild ways including booze.

AJ still pitched wayyyyyy better than he has in awhile. He stepped up knowing that last night was probably his last interview. If Yanks advance, it will be interesting to see how he fares.

AJ still pitched wayyyyyy better than he has in awhile. He stepped up knowing that last night was probably his last interview. If Yanks advance, it will be interesting to see how he fares.
If the Yankees get to the next round, most likely he will get the start in game 3 in Arlington.

If the Yankees get to the next round, most likely he will get the start in game 3 in Arlington.
Right, but I'm saying it will be interesting to see how he pitches. I still have ZERO confidence in him.

While I'll admit that AJ pitched much better than I thought he would it was the Yankees defense that won the game. In addition to the two great catches the Grandy Man made (saved 4-5 runs), Jeter positioned himself to snag a hot liner and Tex bailed out Cano (I think) with a great golden glove scoop on a thow to first. Hopefully AJ can become the 4th starter in the post season rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom