Gotta love Jerami Grant's attitude | Syracusefan.com

Gotta love Jerami Grant's attitude

PhatOrange

Living Legend
“I just want to define my role and help the team out as much as I can. Right now, it’s just the energy guy coming off the bench and playing as hard as I can for however long I’m on the court.”

Kid is going to be Duany redux by the time he's an upper classmen and he's more talented.

I love that every kid we've gotten lately doesn't care about PT early in his career. Everyone seems to know that their time will come if they stay patient and work hard. JB's done a great job of getting extremely talented kids to wait their turn. Grant would start on 90% of D1 teams this year, but he'd rather be here, and that's awesome.

“I just want to define my role and help the team out as much as I can. Right now, it’s just the energy guy coming off the bench and playing as hard as I can for however long I’m on the court.”

Kid is going to be Duany redux by the time he's an upper classmen and he's more talented.

I would raise that bar. by a lot.

And I have been a critic of Jeremi so far, and I love Duany a lot. But Grant very very very much has NBA potential in him. I would easily put a Warrick redux tag on him without blinking an eye.

I would raise that bar. by a lot.

And I have been a critic of Jeremi so far, and I love Duany a lot. But Grant very very very much has NBA potential in him. I would easily put a Warrick redux tag on him without blinking an eye.

I feel he's more Duany than Warrick but to each his own. Duany could do a little bit of everything but nothing great except that he was hard working team player who did whatever he was asked to do. He got so he could reliably knock down a couple of 3's, hustled, played d, handled a bit, rebounded etc.

I think PT is always going to be hard to come by for Jerami, because while a decent all around player, he's not really great at anything. He'll always be fighting for PT as we recruit upper echelon scoring wings and forwards.

I do believe, much like Duany, he'll end up finding himself a starting role because he's a program kid - glue type - hard worker with a good attitude who'll do enough good things to be on the floor a lot.

I think you under rate his talent. He will have no problem getting PT. Once he gets a bit stronger, watch out.

Kid has NBA written all over him. He has SF skills and I don't see anyone coming in that he should be worried about. JB will love that length and athleticism on the wing.

I feel he's more Duany than Warrick but to each his own. Duany could do a little bit of everything but nothing great except that he was hard working team player who did whatever he was asked to do. He got so he could reliably knock down a couple of 3's, hustled, played d, handled a bit, rebounded etc.

I think PT is always going to be hard to come by for Jerami, because while a decent all around player, he's not really great at anything. He'll always be fighting for PT as we recruit upper echelon scoring wings and forwards.

I do believe, much like Duany, he'll end up finding himself a starting role because he's a program kid - glue type - hard worker with a good attitude who'll do enough good things to be on the floor a lot.
The things that will get him on the court are rebounding and defense, and he excells at both. His offense will come around. The stable of forwards we are building is very talented and deep. These guys will be going up against eachother every day in practice. There is nothing that they will see in a game that they haven't seen in practice, they will be much better for it.

I love that every kid we've gotten lately doesn't care about PT early in his career. Everyone seems to know that their time will come if they stay patient and work hard. JB's done a great job of getting extremely talented kids to wait their turn. Grant would start on 90% of D1 teams this year, but he'd rather be here, and that's awesome.

I am sure JB's work and success with the Olympic team has helped with this aspect more than people know. The Olympic team was the perfect example of uber talents and egos accepting roles for the good of the team, and doing it with unparalleled success. It's pretty easy to convince a kid that taking one for the team for a season is not a bad thing when even Kobe, Carmelo, and Derron Williams can do it and still be dominant players. Plus, JB is no longer stuck in the 7 player rut. If he has 10 guys that can contribute, he'll play all 10 guys...as long as they are ready. That is motivation for the young guys to get into shape and hustle because they will see time in certain situations. Again, the Olympic team is the blue print for that. Have 10 guys ready to go so you can play balls to the wall and not miss a beat when you sub.

I like Grants potential but right now - offensively - I see an average handle and marginal outside shooter.

NBA written all over him? I don't know about that.

I agree. I see Grant with oodles of potential. And I also see himNBA bound. Love this kid.

I see Grant as a 4 year player that has a chance for the NBA. Not sure he has the elite level athleticism or does any one thing that would be NBA quality.

The things that will get him on the court are rebounding and defense, and he excells at both. His offense will come around. The stable of forwards we are building is very talented and deep. These guys will be going up against eachother every day in practice. There is nothing that they will see in a game that they haven't seen in practice, they will be much better for it.

He excels at defense? have you been at practice or something?

Because he has seemed lost in the 2-3 during the 3 games I've watched.

I am not saying he is bad... as I said earlier, he has NBA potential and future star potential here. But his 2-3 defense will not be earning him PT based on what I have seen.

He excels at defense? have you been at practice or something?

Because he has seemed lost in the 2-3 during the 3 games I've watched.

I am not saying he is bad... as I said earlier, he has NBA potential and future star potential here. But his 2-3 defense will not be earning him PT based on what I have seen.
All I have to go by is practice reports and the fact he is now up to 7'10", that is up from 7'8" just hours ago.

Manute Bol actually hit threes, he was only 7'7" though..
Manute Bol looked like he was inbounding a soccer ball. He made threes because the other team was daring him to shoot them.

In Bol's best year his 3 pt % was 22, about what Grant's would be if he were to take 3's. However, by next year he will be able to stuff from the 3 pt line - problem solved.

I am sure JB's work and success with the Olympic team has helped with this aspect more than people know. The Olympic team was the perfect example of uber talents and egos accepting roles for the good of the team, and doing it with unparalleled success. It's pretty easy to convince a kid that taking one for the team for a season is not a bad thing when even Kobe, Carmelo, and Derron Williams can do it and still be dominant players. Plus, JB is no longer stuck in the 7 player rut. If he has 10 guys that can contribute, he'll play all 10 guys...as long as they are ready. That is motivation for the young guys to get into shape and hustle because they will see time in certain situations. Again, the Olympic team is the blue print for that. Have 10 guys ready to go so you can play balls to the wall and not miss a beat when you sub.
Kind of cool that an old dog learned some new tricks from the Olympic experience.