Gottfried Post Game Presser | Syracusefan.com

Gottfried Post Game Presser

I agree that he showed class here.

No one asked him why he didn't foul with seconds to go and up three.

They sorta did and he said that before that game he would have fouled if it was Lydon, White, or Battle that he would but not Gillon. Given how en fuego Gillon was it probably would have been good to but even then the shot he wound up having to make is a shot you'd hope to force. That said, I bet JB deciding not to call a timeout was the biggest factor, Gottfried just didn't have time to tell his guys to do it.

They sorta did and he said that before that game he would have fouled if it was Lydon, White, or Battle that he would but not Gillon. Given how en fuego Gillon was it probably would have been good to but even then the shot he wound up having to make is a shot you'd hope to force. That said, I bet JB deciding not to call a timeout was the biggest factor, Gottfried just didn't have time to tell his guys to do it.

Good point about JB. He rarely over-coaches. Even with his exasperation at this team, he still let a player make a play. With a few memorable exceptions, JB is a good bench coach. If the situation was reversed last night, and we allowed NCState to get off a 3 without fouling beforehand, the board would be lit up to monumental proportions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom