Gottlick just can't help himself | Syracusefan.com

Gottlick just can't help himself

His constant berating of us is really weird.

He only played a handful of "important" games in his career... One of them he beat us (playing a very nice game) in a tourney game. Why have beef with Syracuse?

I beg everyone to stop giving the guy attention. He's an irrelevant AM sports radio guy who's spot usually gets overtaken by the local hack. I don't even think he has a simulcast anymore.

He’s the Kenny Bania to our Jerry Seinfeld. The fish trying to eat our laughs. “The guy who hates Syracuse” is his last bit of relevancy that he’s clinging to like that chubby girls bare midriff in that one Curb Your Enthusiasm episode(sorry to go all Bill Simmons on this post).

He’s the Kenny Bania to our Jerry Seinfeld. The fish trying to eat our laughs. “The guy who hates Syracuse” is his last bit of relevancy that he’s clinging to like that chubby girls bare midriff in that one Curb Your Enthusiasm episode(sorry to go all Bill Simmons on this post).

Oh I get it.

He uses Cuse like Skip does Lebron. At some point, you just have to point and go...hey, you are playing pro wrestling heel manager!

I mean, he's talking about how many points we had.

His constant berating of us is really weird.

He only played a handful of "important" games in his career... One of them he beat us (playing a very nice game) in a tourney game. Why have beef with Syracuse?

He made his sports media name by trashing us in 2005 and drawing the ire of Boeheim who got irritated and ripped him(said he wasn’t good enough to play in our league). He’s fallen back on the “get Syracuse”’schtick ever since and our massive fanbase have gone after him ever since. I think it’s the only way he hopes to be relevant now...say something about us that the Cuse fans will go nuts about, and hope it makes enough of a stir to get him some attention.

That's a great game analysis by Doug. Really breaking it down for the people that can't understand how the final score of a game works.

Oh I get it.

He uses Cuse like Skip does Lebron. At some point, you just have to point and go...hey, you are playing pro wrestling heel manager!

I mean, he's talking about how many points we had.

Which shows how he just doesn't get it. The real difference in the game is how many points we didn't give up.

We still won right? Just wanted to make sure...

The dude is obsessed with us, I love it

Which shows how he just doesn't get it. The real difference in the game is how many points we didn't give up.

I think he does get it. He’s not dumb and he knows the game. He just doesn’t have the integrity to take an honest L, and is hoping for some attention on top of it since he doesn’t really have a big time slot anymore.

He made his sports media name by trashing us in 2005 and drawing the ire of Boeheim who got irritated and ripped him(said he wasn’t good enough to play in our league). He’s fallen back on the “get Syracuse”’schtick ever since and our massive fanbase have gone after him ever since. I think it’s the only way he hopes to be relevant now...say something about us that the Cuse fans will go nuts about, and hope it makes enough of a stir to get him some attention.
The story that I heard was that his fam went to SU, but JB wouldn't give him an offer to play here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom