Gottlieb is such a hater! | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb is such a hater!

jekelish

Living Legend
He just said he thinks either Duke or SU is the best team right now.

OR, Doug?

The nerve!

But I thought everyone in broadcasting hates Syracuse and strives to discount everything they've done?

Clearly Doug has become bored with us and has now moved on to trolling IU fans.

Obviously you take the ESPN out of Gottlieb and all of sudden he loves us. I was shocked he threw us up there with Duke as the most impressive team and then Seth suddenly said the same thing. I wonder if Seth will move us up on his ballot now he had us at 6 last week.

That's not what I heard. He really said SU's lacks a low post scorer, the 2-3 zone is for sissies and 800 of Boeheim's soon-to-be 900 career victories have come against cupcakes.

That's not what I heard. He really said SU's lacks a low post scorer, the 2-3 zone is for sissies and 800 of Boeheim's soon-to-be 900 career victories have come against cupcakes.
and all 900 were in New York or an affiliated home court of some type

Douggie...meh. But his co-host on his new CBS cable sports show is smokin hot!

He is just pulling us in so when he gives us the annual lashing this spring we will be even more angry with him.

Obviously you take the ESPN out of Gottlieb and all of sudden he loves us. I was shocked he threw us up there with Duke as the most impressive team and then Seth suddenly said the same thing. I wonder if Seth will move us up on his ballot now he had us at 6 last week.

El. Oh. El.

It's funny how the grassy knoll crowd selectively omits the complimentary things DG has said over the years. But that clashes with the "anti Syracuse ESPN agenda" narrative so I'm not surprised.

BTW Uconn fans claim a similar agenda kept them out of the ACC...and that we are in bed with them.

El. Oh. El.

It's funny how the grassy knoll crowd selectively omits the complimentary things DG has said over the years. But that clashes with the "anti Syracuse ESPN agenda" narrative so I'm not surprised.

BTW Uconn fans claim a similar agenda kept them out of the ACC...and that we are in bed with them.
Obviously, you didn't get my attempt at humor. Freaking Jay Bilas, Sean McDonough, Dan Shulman, Bill Raftery, Tim Welsh, Seth Greenberg, Dan Dakich, Digger Phelps, Jalen Rose all have been very good to our program. While Doug always trolled SU while at ESPN, but now he is at CBS. My goodness thanks for inferring I think ESPN hates us though for my first joke about it.
BTW we are in bed with ESPN, half the freaking building is employed by SU graduates.

Obviously, you didn't get my attempt at humor. Freaking Jay Bilas, Sean McDonough, Dan Shulman, Bill Raftery, Tim Welsh, Seth Greenberg, Dan Dakich, Digger Phelps, Jalen Rose all have been very good to our program. While Doug always trolled SU while at ESPN, but now he is at CBS. My goodness thanks for inferring I think ESPN hates us though for my first joke about it.
BTW we are in bed with ESPN, half the freaking building is employed by SU graduates.

Lighten up Francis; considering the tone of this board I don't think my initial response was unreasonable.

Can't help but enjoy a guy who has the stones to say that Memphis has a history of playing like an AAU team for stretches.

(Then Brando goes back into cliche-mode by saying that no one works harder than Josh Pastner. Ah well; can't expect 100% candor from the studio crew.)

Brando also thought Frank Martin was at South Carolina St.

I don't think digger is all that much in bed with us. He seems to root for a conference rival

El. Oh. El.

That's exactly right. Just waiting for the blanket "Gottlieb is a douche" comment to roll out.

44cuse

That's exactly right. Just waiting for the blanket "Gottlieb is a douche" comment to roll out.

44cuse

The truth is though, that while he has been complimentary of SU at times, it falls far short of the negative times of which some those negative comments were factually false.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The truth is though, that while he has been complimentary of SU at times, it falls far short of the negative times of which some those negative comments were factually false.

No.

The truth is most Syracuse fans can't deal when analysts don't stoop to Jay Bilas caliber gushing over Boeheim.

No.

The truth is most Syracuse fans can't deal when analysts don't stoop to Jay Bilas caliber gushing over Boeheim.

Except I'm not talking about gushing or not gushing. I'm talking about using incorrect facts when analyzing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom