Gottlieb to CBS...? | Syracusefan.com

Gottlieb to CBS...?

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@SPORTSbyBROOKS
While ESPN recently thwarted attempt by CBS to woo Jesse Palmer, SbB has learned Doug Gottlieb will soon leave ESPN for CBS

Good so he will only annoy me for 1 month a year instead of all year.

@SPORTSbyBROOKS
While ESPN recently thwarted attempt by CBS to woo Jesse Palmer, SbB has learned Doug Gottlieb will soon leave ESPN for CBS

Good and bad.

I hope he turns down the ESPN-shock-talk and gets back to what made him good at one point.

But if he doesn't, we have to hear him during tourney.

Hey now, let's not lose sight of what's important here.

Will he or will he not be given a CBS company credit card?

Im doubtfull it will ever happen but, ...

It would be nice if a second sportsnetwork stepped up to deal sports like the news does. Away from all the hype, biasedness, and trashing and marketing programs. A network that keeps it clean, debatable and just reports the news instead of making it entertainment and marketing.

Where sports were once hidden in knowledge, they are now open to disecting the game. Theres no need to act like a program is deserving of winning every year. Its all about who is on the team and how the chemistry works nowadays at both the collegiate pro and even the international levels. I would never watch espn again if it happened. Heck I rarely ever watch them anymore anyway, and not because of the Bernie thing because they hate on individual teams and programs. Espn has sold out to frontrunning, and they are 100 sold to crappy reffing and deciding who they hope to win.

Had a debate with a close friend the other night they were telling me how they love nascar because you can still walk into the pit, especially in some of the smaller tracks and get along with all the drivers, all the pit crews and all the fans at the event reguarless of who you follow.

He must be doing something right. From what they said on the radio, this is a 4 mil dollar deal he is signing...

it's a radio move . . . CBS announced last month that they are building a national sports radio network to challenge ESPN. Gottlieb is excellent on radio, they can build a programming block around him & Jim Rome (who they picked off from ESPN last year). Rome isn't my cup of tea, but he is popular.