Grad Transfers and APR | Syracusefan.com

Grad Transfers and APR

Oráiste

2017 Iggy Award Winner
are graduate transfer students treated the same in APR calculation as undergrads?

The formula, I believe, is 1 point for being in school, 1 point for remaining eligible.

Eligibility Rules:
For freshman, a D grade keeps you eligible; for sophs & juniors a C-; for seniors a C.

Now, I've been in 3 graduate programs (transferred from one to another, then went back for a 2nd masters). In all 3, we had to maintain a B average to remain in the program.

So, I'm wondering if that is that true for White and Gillon? Do they need to maintain B averages in both semesters?

Those are my questions. Now, for Part 2 of this post: I'm worried, a little, about their commitment. White, for sure, maybe Gillon, want to use this year as a last chance audition for the NBA. If they leave as soon as basketball season is over to play at Portsmouth, hit the camps, etc., it's going to be harder for them to maintian a B than it would be for, say, Battle to maintain a D if he left. I'm concerned that could put a hit on our APR. Because with a reduced roster due to sanctions, each APR hit carries a bigger impact on the final percentage. I think we've gotten our rolling APR average up enough that we can afford a single season hit, but a bad score would put pressure on next year's squad to do better.

Too bad we didn't have a bunch of A grade students like John Calipari says he does...

Too bad we didn't have a bunch of A grade students like John Calipari says he does...
the great thing about one and dones, they only need to keep maintain a D average and your APR can remain perfect!