Grant at the 5? People complaining about him losing minutes, | Syracusefan.com

Grant at the 5? People complaining about him losing minutes,

My comments in support of getting him some minutes at the five are really just me thinking out loud. To me its pretty obvious that he is one of our 5 best players and Id lile to see him on the court. Its not a matter of being dis-satisfied with Rak or Keita its just an idea of getting him on the court. Its not that crazy of an idea, but in the end I'll defer to JAB. I just know if i was coach id give it a few minutes just to see what it looks like.

He might be able to man the five against UConn's frontline. But then again so could one of our walk ons.

Its not that crazy of an idea, but in the end I'll defer to JAB. I just know if i was coach id give it a few minutes just to see what it looks like.

While it wouldn't hurt on offense, would be devastating on defense.

The 5 is the position that needs to be the most vocal, call out screens and controls many parts of the zone. There is a reason our frosh bigs who are asked to play in the middle right away leads to struggles with rebounds and pickups and a weaker zone.

Grant is way too thin to have a chance to even be a below avg rebounder from that spot as a frosh.

If it's an emergency, it's between him and Fair.
It would be Fair. And that would hold us for about 5 minutes, if we had a good lead. And I love CJ. he is our most complete player since Andy.

My comments in support of getting him some minutes at the five are really just me thinking out loud. To me its pretty obvious that he is one of our 5 best players and Id lile to see him on the court. Its not a matter of being dis-satisfied with Rak or Keita its just an idea of getting him on the court. Its not that crazy of an idea, but in the end I'll defer to JAB. I just know if i was coach id give it a few minutes just to see what it looks like.
I would rather see JS move to the 2 (if Cooney is not going to get run, which I think would be a mistake. The kid is just getting comfortable) if Grant needed to be on the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom