Grant didn't make the SC Top 10 | Syracusefan.com

Grant didn't make the SC Top 10

jekelish

Living Legend
I know this falls under "first world (or in this case, #1) problems" but can someone explain how Tiger's niece sinking a 3 foot putt to win a golf tournament beats out Jerami's ridiculous basket tonight for a spot in the top 10?

Haters gonna hate. It isn't exactly "dog bites man" stuff, but unique from the perspective of family name, and therefore cultural significance. "Top plays" isn't ways about the actual play but sometimes speaks more to public interest. Now strictly speaking literal top plays, Grant should have been there without question.

Haters gonna hate. It isn't exactly "dog bites man" stuff, but unique from the perspective of family name, and therefore cultural significance. "Top plays" isn't ways about the actual play but sometimes speaks more to public interest. Now strictly speaking literal top plays, Grant should have been there without question.
In terms of public interest...what percentage of the population knows or even cares that Tiger has a niece who plays golf?

Not taking anything away from her or women's golf but, let's be real here, women's golf isn't exactly high on the public interest scale.

Personally I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately I'm not an espn exec. They apparently think otherwise. To them, Tiger Woods = buzzword. IMO, you are right about this.

Wow. I thought the only question would be if it was going to be #1, #2 or #3.

Grant said he hadn't played center since middle school. Did his high school team have two guys bigger than he was?

Now it's Grants turn and steal Lindsey Vonn from Tiger, it's the only fair way of settling this.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm not surprised at all. It was actually a pretty bad play that just happened to work out. I also haven't seen the putt, but my guess is that in the wide world of sports, something happened yesterday that was better than both.

Grant said he hadn't played center since middle school. Did his high school team have two guys bigger than he was?

Didnt Grant grow a bit after HS? from 6'7 -> 6'9?

I think you mean from 6-7 to 8-4. Rothstein did the measurements himself.

Your right, I must have been reading an outdated article