Grant expectations | Syracusefan.com

Grant expectations

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
The prototypical SU forward , i expect the least from him because hes not going to see much time because of whos ahead of him and needs to get stronger and seasoned in the college game. Coming from a basketball family i expect more from him in the future.

I see hime struggling freshman year. Too many players in front of him and as soon as he makes a mistake he comes out. We've got Rak, southerland, CJ at the forward spots. He isn't getting hardly any PT.

I expect a huge jump his second year. He will get good time with Southerland gone. We'll have Rak if he stays and CJ locking down starting positions and Grant the guy off the bench. Could be similar to Kris Joseph. Nothing Freshman year and then comes out and contributes second year.

I see hime struggling freshman year. Too many players in front of him and as soon as he makes a mistake he comes out. We've got Rak, southerland, CJ at the forward spots. He isn't getting hardly any PT.

I expect a huge jump his second year. He will get good time with Southerland gone. We'll have Rak if he stays and CJ locking down starting positions and Grant the guy off the bench. Could be similar to Kris Joseph. Nothing Freshman year and then comes out and contributes second year.

If he doesn't shoot the ball better he'll get jumped by guys coming in after him.

Barring injury to Fair, Southerland or Rak, Grant will be on the MCW plan as a freshman. He will get ample opportunity for playing time as a sophomore.

I think he is 1-19 from the field through 3 games on the u18 team, he is rebounding well though.

Says something about Grant that he is starting for that U-18 team. He may not be shooting well, but none of our recent forwards (including Kris) were starting for any U-18 team at the same stage.

As for playing time, it depends a lot on whether Rak adds to his game facing the basket (and whether he might be needed at C); whether Southerland can put the ball on the floor; and whether CJ can adjust his game to SF. Yes, we have 3 forwards returning, but the positions and rotations are far from set. We know CJ can play the 4 opposite a forward like Kris who can handle and shoot -- what else is so set that Grant can't get into the mix?