Grant got some minutes in philly tonight | Syracusefan.com

Grant got some minutes in philly tonight

djcon57 said:
Hmmm..Cory Joseph had 14-8-6. How is that possible? He left early as a frosh, was drafted lower than expected, and played 2 years in...*gasp*...THE D LEAGUE.

If he stayed in school not only would a lot of fans of his school be happy, he would have been an all star by now, knocking on the door to the hall of fame. Shame on you.

Hmmm..Cory Joseph had 14-8-6.

How is that possible? He left early as a frosh, was drafted lower than expected, and played 2 years in...*gasp*...THE D LEAGUE.
giphy.gif

How is that possible? He left early as a frosh, was drafted lower than expected, and played 2 years in...*gasp*...THE D LEAGUE.
LA not in the D League?

If you score 14 points against the Sixers did you really score 14 points? Kinda like the whole 'tree falling in a forest with nobody around to hear it' thing.

If you score 14 points against the Sixers did you really score 14 points? Kinda like the whole 'tree falling in a forest with nobody around to hear it' thing.

Good point.

Well, he went 10-3-3 vs Cleveland earlier this year. Does that count?
Or how about 18 pts on 9-11 shooting vs Houston?

MCW who left after his sophomore year had 24-11-7 in the game (was drafted 11th)against Joseph(a 29th pick) and didn't play in the D league and was rookie of the year :p. MCW will earn $6,900,000 in his first 3 years while Corey Joseph earned $2,954,399 for his first 3 years and is currently earning $2,023,261 this year, his 4th. So who really knows what Joseph may have left on the table leaving after his freshman year unless some people think he may have fallen further after another year or 2 in college.

Last edited:
My guess: Given the team isn't exactly desperate to win and Grant is a prospect, he's basically been told he needs to work into being a 3 and D guy (and that definitely seems to be his best case scenario to getting another contract) and thus he's working on that.

The more I think about it, the more fortunate I believe it is that Grant slipped to the Sixers [and that Philly had that glut of 2nd round picks with which to select him].

Cory Joseph is a very solid player and it doesn't hurt he is on one of the best organizations/teams in sports history

MCW who left after his sophomore year had 24-11-7 in the game (was drafted 11th)against Joseph(a 29th pick) and didn't play in the D league and was rookie of the year :p. MCW will earn $6,900,000 in his first 3 years while Corey Joseph earned $2,954,399 for his first 3 years and is currently earning $2,023,261 this year, his 4th. So who really knows what Joseph may have left on the table leaving after his freshman year unless some people think he may have fallen further after another year or 2 in college.

No one benefits from spending more time on a team coached by Rick Barnes.

I am a Sixers fan, and trust me do not read anything in to the stats. MCW gets to play in glorified pick up games every night, doesnt matter if he goes 5-20 from the floor... he wont be taken out. This is a bad spot for anyone to be, including SU guys. There is no hope in sight. drafting injured centers year after year and tanking does not lead to winning. No free agent will want to go there. MCW may have good stats, but he is not learning anything about how to win or lead a team in the NBA.

Good point.

Well, he went 10-3-3 vs Cleveland earlier this year. Does that count?
Or how about 18 pts on 9-11 shooting vs Houston?

I don't have a dog in the fight. Just trying to make a funny.

I am a Sixers fan, and trust me do not read anything in to the stats. MCW gets to play in glorified pick up games every night, doesnt matter if he goes 5-20 from the floor... he wont be taken out. This is a bad spot for anyone to be, including SU guys. There is no hope in sight. drafting injured centers year after year and tanking does not lead to winning. No free agent will want to go there. MCW may have good stats, but he is not learning anything about how to win or lead a team in the NBA.

They're going at least .500 next season and free agents will come when offered the max.

Not just that, but the man wins NBA Rookie of the Year and he is still facing trade rumors all offseason, it's just a bad position to be in.

Valid point. My counter would be that he'll make it and more on the back end by having an extra year of being a pro (in theory)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom