Grant's spin and almost dunk on Dieng | Syracusefan.com

Grant's spin and almost dunk on Dieng

Cuse4

Scout Team
Didn't watch it again, or even see a replay... Patrick and Elmore said block... Was it actually a block or a foul?

Didn't watch it again, or even see a replay... Patrick and Elmore said block... Was it actually a block or a foul?
If it's the play I'm thinking of, only off-hand, seems like Gorgui got a piece as Jerami was short of the rim, near serving it up to him!
Still, in reference to something similar someone else said, it was a great play by him, just in that he's attacking the defense, not the other way around. Not only is the force strong with this one, the fierce is.

it was quick. it was explosive. but in the end it didn't count . so it really didn't matter.

Fun play to watch - a little Dion-esque with the spin the lane. Seemed like he absorbed some contact and got stuffed by the rim - at least that's what I thought at the time.

My earlier quazi star wars ramblings aside, from play by play, "Jerami Grant missed Layup. Gorgui Dieng Block."

There was a play where Jerami made a strong move, drove straight down the lane and put what turned out to be a short floater because Dieng or Van tresse hit him on the arm. No call.

I saw it as a block but there was contact so it could have gone either way. Reminded me of Hak only quicker, he didn't go up soft that's for sure and I thought he was a little too far from the tin to be successful but who knows.. This kid has AA written all over him, just needs time.

There was a play where Jerami made a strong move, drove straight down the lane and put what turned out to be a short floater because Dieng or Van tresse hit him on the arm. No call.

^^^^
This

In another thread someone mentioned that it looked a lot like freshman year Hak, and I agree. As skinny as Hak was, he tried to dunk EVERYTHING. He just tried to jump over everyone. His sophomore year, he DID dunk over everyone. I think we will see similar progression from Jerami, hopefully by the end of this year.

that was van treese... i nearly punched my television.

Yeah, very early Hak-like. No F here has made a move like that since Warrick. I couldn't tell if Dieng blocked it or if the rim blocked it. Still, impressive and he would have finished it if there was no defensive presence like a Dieng there. Dieng's passing was incredible, btw. Always liked him.

I wish that DC 2 had that same agressiveness when attacking the hoop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom