Grayson Allen cost us $$$ | Syracusefan.com

Grayson Allen cost us $$$

Shark58

BANNED
true story

#goACC

giphy.gif

Extremely satisfying watching his career end trying to play hero ball when Duke was killing Kansas inside.

BINGO

Hmm according to XM 84 just now, it appears Duke lost because they played a "gimmick zone defense" so your Grayson Allen theory must be incorrect.

He cost me having 3 of the Final Four teams in my pool.

By the way, how bad was Duke's "great" zone in getting out on the Kansas shooters?

That Vick kid is TREMENDOUS flashing to the foul line. He killed us and did it to Duke today.
Yep, Surrounded by 3 elite shooters in Graham, Svi and Newman - then a beast down low in Azubiuke. Just a nightmare for any zone team.

Duke on the other hand, only has 1 real threat from 3 (Trent) and no one who could really excel at that foul line area. Bagley killed us and they got to the FT line, but that's the only way they could score.

Watching today I honestly thought Duke might switch out of the zone - Graham didn't even play well and they still got 85. There was a 5-6 minute stretch in the 2nd half when Kansas literally scored every time. Duke got bailed out by Duval today.

EDIT: I also love listening to people who say "Just put someone at the foul line!" - it's so much easier said than done. Kansas tried Garrett in there and he was awful. You need someone who can make that shot, make the right pass, and the ability to attack the basket - not only do they need all 3 skills, but they have to make the right decision in a split second. So many of Newman's 3's today came from Vick making the perfect pass without hesitation.

EDIT: I also love listening to people who say "Just put someone at the foul line!" - it's so much easier said than done. Kansas tried Garrett in there and he was awful. You need someone who can make that shot, make the right pass, and the ability to attack the basket - not only do they need all 3 skills, but they have to make the right decision in a split second. So many of Newman's 3's today came from Vick making the perfect pass without hesitation.

bazley

true story

#goACC

giphy.gif

So what you are saying is Grayson "tripped" up your plans to make some money? I hope the next thing for Duke is to get caught up in the whole FBI probe. Chances are very slim that this happens but it couldn't happen to a better program.

That's the call from K.

Yup. That is K's MO. And its cost him a bunch of times in huge spots. K always talks about "seeing the game through his seniors eyes" and in huge spots will give the senior the chance to be the hero winning be damned. He's been doing it for at least 20 years. That was the same MO he used when YouCon won their first title. Game on the line he calls for Trajan Langdon to take YouCon's incredible defensive stopper (cant remember his name) of the dribble.. A loaded Duke team with Avery, Brand, and Maggette, and All those guys were better equipped to get a decent shot off than a catch and shooter like Langdon. Similar result to the Kansas game. Actually same result. A big fat loss.

K's hubris knows no boundaries.

They’ve brought this on themselves.

Watching it is priceless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors