Great article about a great guy (one of the least well-known members of the Orange team). | Syracusefan.com

Great article about a great guy (one of the least well-known members of the Orange team).

Such a great read! So Clary was there for the Sports Coat Game and tried to help calm Coach down. But I was a little confused about something. The article said there was concern about some of our players. Was that about them getting into trouble or breaking team rules? It sounded that way. In any event, Clary does us a great service (even cheering up a player who got chewed out by Boeheim).

Always wondered who he was and thought he had a pretty cool job.

Such a great read! So Clary was there for the Sports Coat Game and tried to help calm Coach down. But I was a little confused about something. The article said there was concern about some of our players. Was that about them getting into trouble or breaking team rules? It sounded that way. In any event, Clary does us a great service (even cheering up a player who got chewed out by Boeheim).

"Clary keeps an eye over SU players because, in the few years surrounding 2010, he said the program was “having some problems with our players.” Stan Kissel, a former director of basketball operations, asked Clary to travel with them. Kissel noticed “certain players were giving us a hard time,” Clary recalled. "

You can read between the lines on that one. I'm not gonna name names.

Underrated Stan Kissel reference here, too.

"Clary keeps an eye over SU players because, in the few years surrounding 2010, he said the program was “having some problems with our players.” Stan Kissel, a former director of basketball operations, asked Clary to travel with them. Kissel noticed “certain players were giving us a hard time,” Clary recalled. "

You can read between the lines on that one. I'm not gonna name names.

Underrated Stan Kissel reference here, too.

I'm going to guess it wasn't Wes Johnson or Brandon Triche.:rolleyes:

He’s looking for someone with a little more muscle.
I'm trying Boss!
2.jpg

1988, They ran the Beef company article in 1989.
The beef company consisted of Kyell Adams (SU, Sect 5 Hall of Fame) Dick Ras (Villanova ,Sect 5 Hall of Fame) Phil Nuciola and Brad Kessler.

1988, They ran the Beef company article in 1989.
The beef company consisted of Kyell Adams (SU, Sect 5 Hall of Fame) Dick Ras (Villanova ,Sect 5 Hall of Fame) Phil Nuciola and Brad Kessler.

Sweet you know a bunch of older siblings of friends and football guys I met when there. Also you forgot the 5th member...current superintendent of Fairport and my former d-coordinator at Web!

Sweet you know a bunch of older siblings of friends and football guys I met when there. Also you forgot the 5th member...current superintendent of Fairport and my former d-coordinator at Web!
Brett Provenzano, he wasn't one of the members of the beef company.
2.jpg

Great article. I had no idea he was involved with the program but it makes a lot of sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom