Great article about Tatum on the Celtics which relates to us and Thorpe | Syracusefan.com

Great article about Tatum on the Celtics which relates to us and Thorpe

OrangeFoo

All American
What Jayson Tatum’s Success Tells Us About the Future of NBA Drafting

If you read the article you'll see that Brad Stevens doesn't believe in traditional positions... he believes in points, bigs and wings. How does this relate to us you ask? Keep reading...

The raging debate of the hour is whether Battle and Washington will set records for most combined minutes in a season or not given Thorpe's sudden exit. I would argue that the answer to the Thorpe dilemma is buried in that article. JB has always structured his teams in terms of bigs, forwards and guards.. see the the fact that the 3 and 4 are interchangeable in the JB system. If you look at our squad our bigs are pretty well set in Sidibe and Chukwu, but it gets really interesting when it comes to points and wings. I would argue that in Frank and Battle we have two players who are wings and not points to go along with Brisset and Marek who are prototype wings. But the great thing about Frank and Tyus is that they are almost as good as points as they are as wings.

So here's how I see this playing out... our best lineup will be Tyus, Frank, Brisset , one of the centers and one of Moyer and Marek depending on who is having a bigger impact on the game. This lineup will open and close games and be on the court a lot. The alternative lineup will be Frank/Battle at the point, Brisset at the 2, Moyer at the 4, Marek at the 3 and one of the bigs. This will let JB rest Frank and Tyus... it's kind of like Houston is doing with Paul and Harden's minutes.

I think losing Thorpe is a hit but I think given the versatility of our guards + Brisset we will be alright. I hope we see 5 minutes of Washington in the first half of each game just so he can get some experience but thats about all I see him getting..

Interesting article. Seems to me to foretell how Battle this season and Brissett probably next season will move up the draft boards.