Great Effort by the Kids | Syracusefan.com

Great Effort by the Kids

CIL

All Conference
Really stinking proud of those kids. No one gave them a shot and they played Clemson better than anyone has all year. That's been lost somewhere between the fire shafer / keep shafer posts and offensive spreadsheets folks are putting out. They showed a lot coming back from about as disastrous a start as you could have had. Hats off to Franklin, who I think had his best game yet.

I know there is another thread out there, but as to the officiating...it just keeps getting worse and worse. I thought the FSU game was bad with several blatant PIs not called (trust me, I know we would have lost anyway). However, this game was brutal in every way.

I literally lost my shittt at the phantom hands to the face call. How does that even happen? Seriously. At what level is that even acceptable? They took the air out of the Dome with that call and the owe Syracuse an apology.

The other head scratcher was the call back on Ishmael's long pass. Not that it was the wrong call, but...then call it both fuggin ways. There were 3 or 4 instances where Clemson had receivers blocking downfield on forward passes. It's absolutely nauseating.

George Morris II had a hell of a game both running the ball and covering kick offs, had some great hits.

Ron Thompson 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF, and 2 pass deflections. Kid seemed to be all over the place and it seems like he is playing with a bum shoulder.

Cordell Hudson 9 tackes, 1 TFL, 1 pass deflection. Was nice to see a player finally get off his block and make some nice hits.

Ben Lewis Might not show up big in the stat sheet, but everytime I would see a nice block in space it was #84.

Zack Mahoney not the best day throwing, but the kid is fun to watch and made some huge plays.

Steven Clark quickly becoming one of my favorite defensive players. Watching him run guys down from behind and seeing him man handle offensive lineman has been great to watch. Can't wait to see him develop into an amazing player.

Great effort indeed, but no need for all the ref bashing. Erv wasn't called for blocking downfield, he was an ineligible guy out on a pass route- mistake on him for lining up covered. As for the hands to the face, well..

looks from than angle the hands is under the shoulder pad where it supposed to be. its a stupid rule.. why is stiff arm to the face and ok but not this? this happens dozens a time a game and if its not blatant you can call it..

it was a fun game to watch and pray for a miracle. kids kept it close and didn't get stomped. so that's something.

Great effort indeed, but no need for all the ref bashing. Erv wasn't called for blocking downfield, he was an ineligible guy out on a pass route- mistake on him for lining up covered. As for the hands to the face, well..

His hands were not near the face mask.

looks from than angle the hands is under the shoulder pad where it supposed to be. its a stupid rule.. why is stiff arm to the face and ok but not this? this happens dozens a time a game and if its not blatant you can call it..
That's what I hate about these calls. They happen nearly every play!

Really stinking proud of those kids. No one gave them a shot and they played Clemson better than anyone has all year. That's been lost somewhere between the fire shafer / keep shafer posts and offensive spreadsheets folks are putting out. They showed a lot coming back from about as disastrous a start as you could have had. Hats off to Franklin, who I think had his best game yet.

I know there is another thread out there, but as to the officiating...it just keeps getting worse and worse. I thought the FSU game was bad with several blatant PIs not called (trust me, I know we would have lost anyway). However, this game was brutal in every way.

I literally lost my shittt at the phantom hands to the face call. How does that even happen? Seriously. At what level is that even acceptable? They took the air out of the Dome with that call and the owe Syracuse an apology.

The other head scratcher was the call back on Ishmael's long pass. Not that it was the wrong call, but...then call it both fuggin ways. There were 3 or 4 instances where Clemson had receivers blocking downfield on forward passes. It's absolutely nauseating.
Here here!

PAcuse said:
George Morris II had a hell of a game both running the ball and covering kick offs, had some great hits. Ron Thompson 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF, and 2 pass deflections. Kid seemed to be all over the place and it seems like he is playing with a bum shoulder. Cordell Hudson 9 tackes, 1 TFL, 1 pass deflection. Was nice to see a player finally get off his block and make some nice hits. Ben Lewis Might not show up big in the stat sheet, but everytime I would see a nice block in space it was #84. Zack Mahoney not the best day throwing, but the kid is fun to watch and made some huge plays. Steven Clark quickly becoming one of my favorite defensive players. Watching him run guys down from behind and seeing him man handle offensive lineman has been great to watch. Can't wait to see him develop into an amazing player.

That Clemson RB had a rough day. Clark was everywhere. Love that kids motor.

This isn't meant to be negative but I'm assuming some people will automatically take it that way. No arm tackles, no taking bad angles to pursue, and didn't looked gassed more than you would expect. That hasn't been true in other games against lesser competition. These guys came to play and gave everything the entire game. Huge props to the players.

And it is HUGE, that with how bad the game started (as CIL discussed), these players got back into the game and were in it the entire time. This game is a great example that the final score doesn't tell how close this game was.

I've said it since last year, we have some talent to win games.

I mean refs were horrendous. They deserve all the bashing coming their way. Killed so many drives and called that huge play back. The missed calls were even worse. The Clemson guards held just about every play. The ref is just sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

For what it is worth the announcers agreed with you. The replay was very clear.

Crusty said:
For what it is worth the announcers agreed with you. The replay was very clear.

The announcers were focusing on 51 since that's the number the refs called out.

Crusty said:
Someone else did it?

#79. Giudice.

Yep...but if you watch it again, Erv was actually one yard off the ball. The ref can use some judgement there.

Yep...but if you watch it again, Erv was actually one yard off the ball. The ref can use some judgement there.
I haven't seen the replay, but I'm wondering when the linesman threw the flag. If he tossed it at the snap, he was wrong. You have to wait to see if the ineligible actually goes downfield. Phillips didn't go any farther than several offensive linemen do on nearly every passing play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom