Great game! My take | Syracusefan.com

Great game! My take

dinosaurbbq

2nd String
I love this team more than any team in a long while. Heart, heart and more heart.

I've just re watched the game for the second time. My thoughts:

Messy early with the turnovers on both sides despite little to no contact.

After that, it seemed to me we dominated Minny. Oline held it's own and created some room, Dline shut down Cobb and the QB runs and got in there to harass them. Bromley and Jones were very active. LBers basically on the line and/or blitzing all day. Loved it. Minny isn't a team that can make you pay with the pass 1on 1.

Hunt is an entirely different player than six games ago. So impressed. With runs, he made several nice cuts to get some extra yards. Not bad for a big horse of a QB. Passing, he made several really good throws short I midrange. Long throws he didn't complete but made very good decisions and only chucked it deep when he had 1 on 1 coverage. Estime dropped a TD pass that hit him in the facemask and dropped two others he should have caught.

Rome made a few nice sidestep cuts but still seemed to lack explosiveness through the hole and seemed relatively easy to take down.

I'm guessing Minny fans feel the refs were out to screw them and cost them the game. The first SU fumble called down before the replay reversed it (runner was standing straight up when called down), the Wolitarski TD called back for offensive pass interference (pretty weak push off call),

I'm guessing Minny fans feel the refs were out to screw them and cost them the game... the Wolitarski TD called back for offensive pass interference (pretty weak push off call)
He pushed off twice on that play. The first one was OK and didn't get called. The second push, in which he fully extended his arm, was much stronger. It was the right call.

Exactly right. The full extension was the key. And he probably doesn't make the catch without giving himself the space. That was the RIGHT call. Now the PI called on us was complete bullish!t. :)

Moontan said:
He pushed off twice on that play. The first one was OK and didn't get called. The second push, in which he fully extended his arm, was much stronger. It was the right call.

Exactly right. The full extension was the key. And he probably doesn't make the catch without giving himself the space. That was the RIGHT call. Now the PI called on us was complete bullish!t. :)

Yep that was a "makeup" call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom