Great Game, You Guys | Syracusefan.com

Great Game, You Guys

Senore2006

Walk On
From this Louisville fan, let me just say I admire your grit and determination. Your length bothered us and exposed some weaknesses in our approach, I think. You handled Behanen really well and, of course, Siva - who always sucks against you guys, lol.

But your athleticism matched ours or surpassed it, making for the purest basketball excellence and entertainment. I like your team - a lot.

Well done - you should be very proud.

From this Louisville fan, let me just say I admire your grit and determination. Your length bothered us and exposed some weaknesses in our approach, I think. You handled Behanen really well and, of course, Siva - who always sucks against you guys, lol.

But your athleticism matched ours or surpassed it, making for the purest basketball excellence and entertainment. I like your team - a lot.

Sick game. Both teams played with ridiculous heart. After this one, I do not want to play round 2 in the dome this year.

Thanks and Good luck until March 2nd :cool:

My Louisville cousins were also very gracious. And disheartened. Of course! But wow, that was a game between two great teams who both played well and one team was ahead at the end. I am still awestruck that we won, since (as the board can attest) I did not expect to win. I am so happy to have this rivalry continued!

Any opposing fan who shows class deserves a shout-out.

I already had my "this was a classic great Big East basketball game" post ready to go - I felt SU would probably lose this one.

But they won, and the benefits I'll experience in about 10 minutes...I'll get back to y'all in about 20 regarding that...

Any opposing fan who shows class deserves a shout-out.

I already had my "this was a classic great Big East basketball game" post ready to go - I felt SU would probably lose this one.

But they won, and the benefits I'll experience in about 10 minutes...I'll get back to y'all in about 20 regarding that...

Agreed. Senore2006 and I went back and forth a bit earlier this week--it takes a lot of stones to come back and post a note like that after a loss.

Classy.

Well, we tried to treat DNABB well when we hooked up at a tailgate in Louisville couple years ago. A nice ambassador for your teams. Sucker can whail on beer, just like us, lol.

That's the best I've ever seen your zone, btw. MCW's length adds something but, generally, you guys are far more cohesive defensively than any other year I've watched you. It may be we're missing Kuric, having said that, but, naw - you're playing better.

That was just a flat out enjoyable game to watch. The ACC will bow down to both teams.

I know its cliche but this game will help us tremendously come tourney time. Hopefully MCW can tighten his handle and take a different approach from small , faster guards who are pressing the whole game. With that said i don't want to play you guys again this year : )

Well, we tried to treat DNABB well when we hooked up at a tailgate in Louisville couple years ago. A nice ambassador for your teams. Sucker can whail on beer, just like us, lol.

That's the best I've ever seen your zone, btw. MCW's length adds something but, generally, you guys are far more cohesive defensively than any other year I've watched you. It may be we're missing Kuric, having said that, but, naw - you're playing better.
Why does it seem like Blackshear is in Pitino's doghouse. I think he matches up well vs the Cuse, but he only played 18 minutes today. Compare that to 26 and 24 in his last two games.

Thanks, Senora. Just a great game that went down to the wire. Best college game of the season so far. It was worthy of a Final Four game (and better than most of them). Good luck the rest of the way... except when you play us, of course -- and we look forward to seeing you in the ACC where we both will teach those Carolina teams something.

Why does it seem like Blackshear is in Pitino's doghouse. I think he matches up well vs the Cuse, but he only played 18 minutes today. Compare that to 26 and 24 in his last two games.

I don't know the answer to that. Hancock is steady and wily, so he appeals to Rick. Wayne wasn't doing a lot of rebounding against your bigs.

Thanks. Great game. Too bad someone had to lose, but I am happy with the outcome. I hope you guys drubb Gtown and UConn.

We are building a great rivalry, but I like you guys. So it's hard.

Can't wait to continue this thing in the ACC.

Classy post. We benefited a lot today from a freshman who is coming on like gangbusters (Jerami grant). You guys are gonna win a lot of games and go deep in the tourney no doubt.

Rivalries aren't built on pleasantries folks... F UofL! jk..
Some on this board are just aholes. Classy act Senor. Before the game was over I thought to myself win or lose this was one of the best college basketball games I have ever watched (outside of our 6 ot with UConn). Both teams were amazing .. not necessarily in play but in total heart. Wow. I am glad you all are joining us in the ACC ... our rivalry continues and I look forward to every game. Congrats Ville. You will be there at the end as well.

That's all he played? Felt like he played 65 minutes!. He was killing us.

Senore - I just liked your OP to give you an even 40 likes. You're like ratio must be extreme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom