great games tonight | Syracusefan.com

great games tonight

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
Crazy game and finish between Arkansas and Alabama. Stanford/Arizona and Indiana/Maryland both shaping up to be good ones. Wasn't gonna do it tonight but I think I'm going to have to dip into the bourbon.

That Arkansas/Alabama game was pretty amazing to watch. Also, never heard that story about the basketball in the rafters before. A few amazing shots in the OT - including the game winner. That's why you get it into the lane - defenders like to stop and watch, whereas on deep threes they always seem a bit more in tune with where the person they're supposed to be guarding is, and the clock usually runs out before the tip-in (at least seems that way more often than not).

Stanford/Arizona is a good watch because Bill and his cohort are both losing their minds over how awful the officiating is. I know people around these here parts hate how bad college officiating is - so it might be nice to listen to some announcers b**ch more than us. :)

Bill Walton is ridiculous. Still makes me laugh though.

High scoring game as well...if you want some offense this one may be for you.

"In a game marred by the officiating..." lol...keep pouring it on Bill.

Not a great game, but Virginia had their 3rd game of the year holding teams to less than 30. Holding Georgia Tech to 28,

Bill Walton is ridiculous. Still makes me laugh though.

High scoring game as well...if you want some offense this one may be for you.

"In a game marred by the officiating..." lol...keep pouring it on Bill.

I watched part of that game and was really turned off by how much of a homer Walton is for Arizona. Yeah, I know your kid played there, but let it go.

I watched part of that game and was really turned off by how much of a homer Walton is for Arizona. Yeah, I know your kid played there, but let it go.

No worse than listening Vitale call a Duke game.

If you take basketball too seriously, you don't enjoy Walton. 90% of what he says is tongue-in-cheek and just mmeant to be funny, and not taken seriously.

No worse than listening Vitale call a Duke game.

There was one play where a Stanford big set a screen and the AZ guy put both elbows into the chest of the screener (intentionally) and Walton started whining it was a foul on the Stanford kid. For setting a screen less hard than the 3 or 4 dozen Cooney and Kaleb will have to get through tomorrow.

If you take basketball too seriously, you don't enjoy Walton. 90% of what he says is tongue-in-cheek and just mmeant to be funny, and not taken seriously.
Serious is kind of how I take my watching hobby. Watched two Big Ten games and Gonzaga last night... (Walton is good)

Serious is kind of how I take my watching hobby. Watched two Big Ten games and Gonzaga last night... (Walton is good)

I envy you. I wish I could stay up late enough to watch Gonzaga. I really enjoy the way they play, but it's generally past my bedtime on weeknights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom