Great Season | Syracusefan.com

Great Season

No shame in this loss. The refs did us no favors but the bottom line is, we did not finish around the rim, and we committed too many controllable turnovers.
Thank you KJ, Scoop and company for a fantastic year!!!
LGO, forever!
P.S. FU Fab.

Terrible game plan, terrible execution... That's what cost them

When you only lose 2 regular season games not making the Final Four is disappointing. No way to put a positive spin on it

No. The bottom line is the ref's us. This game had the most invisible foul's i've ever seen in any game at any level in any sport.

I understand we didn't finish. but letting sullinger bowl over guys to get to the rim and call nothing against him is a joke

to allow craft to slap wrists all night is a joke

to call a foul on keita when 'sully' trips over his feet is a joke

the refs are and so are Verne and Raf

No. The bottom line is the ref's ****** us. This game had the most invisible foul's i've ever seen in any game at any level in any sport.

Don't cry about the refs. It's classless and if we had finished on our missed opportunities at point-blank range, we would have won anyway. It was a fantastic year and I will not take that away from this team.

Don't cry about the refs. It's classless and if we had finished on our missed opportunities at point-blank range, we would have won anyway. It was a fantastic year and I will not take that away from this team.
It's not classless, it's true. The refs may not have lost the game for us, but they did ruin the flow and change the complexion by limiting the players we could use (our biggest strength all year). In the end we didn't finish around the rim well enough and Jared Sullinger was as good as advertised. To say the refs didn't play a part though is a bit naive.

NO, it's classless! Gives SU basketball a bad name

Good season. A final four would have made it great. Can not blame our guys, they played their hearts out. Refs were bad but OSU made shots when they needed to and we did not. It is a sad end for a team that fought threw so much. Very sad. That is my feelings. very very sad.

NO, it's classless! Gives SU basketball a bad name
This coming from a dude who has Triumph the Insult Dog as his avatar. People on an Internet forum complaining about the reffing gives SU basketball a bad name? Clueless people who think internet forum posters give an institution's basketball team a bad name is borderline delusional. The refs were not good, denying that is being a liar, arguably worse than being classless in my book.

Great season and just a tough one to end it. They played the best they could tonight. It may not have been the best they can do, but it was what they had in them tonight. No quit, just no win.

This coming from a dude who has Triumph the Insult Dog as his avatar. People on an Internet forum complaining about the reffing gives SU basketball a bad name? Clueless people who think internet forum posters give an institution's basketball team a bad name is borderline delusional. The refs were not good, denying that is being a liar, arguably worse than being classless in my book.
So you want SU players to punch out Ohio St players, real mature

I am guessing a lot of these types of posts are from very young posters.

Perhaps there was a miscommunication here. I thought you were saying it was classless to discuss the refs on a forum. Sorry about that, didn't realize you were responding to something else. My bad.

When you only lose 2 regular season games not making the Final Four is disappointing. No way to put a positive spin on it
Number 1 seed before Melo was ruled ineligible. Probably wouldn't have changed the seed, but in all honesty we were probably a 2 or 3 without Fab patrolling the paint.

Not classless. Even with missing the easy layups we should have won the game. That's the point. The game wasn't decided by the players and what they were able to do on a basketball court. The game was decided by the referees. If everything happened exactly the same but against OSU i'd say the same thing. I just wouldn't feel so shitty about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom