great win, great 4 th quarter, my concerns | Syracusefan.com

great win, great 4 th quarter, my concerns

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Were confirmed, defense is small, corners inexperienced. I don't understand why all our defensive backs looked to be cramping up even in the first half. The defense looked conservative and confused in the first few quarters.

Macky was getting beat in pass protection a lot. Their Nt was faster.. I believe that he will struggle in run blocking versus bigger guys. Right now, I am not convinced that he can be adequate at this level.

Were confirmed, defense is small, corners inexperienced. I don't understand why all our defensive backs looked to be cramping up even in the first half. The defense looked conservative and confused in the first few quarters.

Macky was getting beat in pass protection a lot. Their Nt was faster.. I believe that he will struggle in run blocking versus bigger guys. Right now, I am not convinced that he can be adequate at this level.

The defense will be fine. Dy and Cam made some big plays right out of the gate. Crume moved the pile. Bromley and Goggins both made TFL's.

It was Macky's first start, why don't we see how this plays out.

Wake looked considerably bigger across the board, and yet, who won? SU was dominated for 3 Q's plus, and came back from 15 down with 11 minutes left and almost won in regulation.

I really hard a hard time figuring out who was having the blocking issues during the game.. Every time I watched just Macky, he turned his guy pretty easily and never got beat. I did the both tackles make several mistakes. It sure seemed to take a long time to get a call on the wake online who was continually holding and turning the DE's the few times we created pressure.

Check the time of possession in the first half and I believe it was the start of the second half when they started dropping.

Macky got beat the first series on the sack. Other than that, I didn't see him get beat again the rest of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom