Greensboro's Revenge on Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

Greensboro's Revenge on Boeheim

dlegend44

Scout Team
The Greensboro Swarm (Hornet's affiliate team) have the #1 overall pick in the G-League draft. Is there anyone that thinks they won't take a little extra satisfaction in selecting Bazley, knowing it comes at Boeheim's expense?

The Greensboro Swarm (Hornet's affiliate team) have the #1 overall pick in the G-League draft. Is there anyone that thinks they won't take a little extra satisfaction in selecting Bazley, knowing it comes at Boeheim's expense?

i dont know the G league super well, mainly because it is a virtual dumping grounds for fringe NBVA talent, but i digress. Wouldn't the Swarm be better served to draft someone that the Hornets would have rights to in the future?

I didn't know the G league even had a draft until all of this. Who are they picking from? College players not drafted by the NBA?

i dont know the G league super well, mainly because it is a virtual dumping grounds for fringe NBVA talent, but i digress. Wouldn't the Swarm be better served to draft someone that the Hornets would have rights to in the future?

Don't underestimate the butthurt feelings that exist in the city of Greensboro regarding JB's comments. Bazley will be seen as a Greensboro hero for spurring Boeheim in favor of The Swarm.

The G league may be the only thing that city’s more relevant than.

The conspiracy theories are one of my favorite things about this board. I'm honestly/pleasantly surprised that I haven't seen one person suggest that JB isn't totally upset about losing Bazley because it could mean more minutes for Buddy. Yes, that's an insanely asinine take, but you know that there's at least a handful of posters out there that genuinely believe it. I'm sure it will wash up on shore somewhere in the Syracuse.com comment sections.

I posted this in another thread but 1/3 of the nba players spent time in the G/D league.

Don't underestimate the butthurt feelings that exist in the city of Greensboro regarding JB's comments. Bazley will be seen as a Greensboro hero for spurring Boeheim in favor of The Swarm.
Wouldn't they pick the guy that could get them the most wins?

Yeah, the gm of the team doesn't give a single crap that Jimmy has a dislike of Greensboro.

No, because then they would just draft lebron james. but he is unlikely to play for them.

The G-League draft is totally independent of the NBA. A drafted player only has rights to a G-League team and has no affiliation to an NBA team.

In the case of Bazley, since he is only eligble for the NBA Draft next year his rights can only be determined then, If a player gets drafted who has already been eligible for the NBA draft, he can get called up or signed by any NBA team.

G League Teams (even owned by NBA teams) have two types of players.
1) Players Affiliated with the NBA Team (An NBA team can only have 18 contracts, so the most they will typically have is 5 players affiliated with the NBA team)
2) Players who have the rights with the G-League team, but whose contract is with the G-League and not the NBA.

Players in group #2, can be signed by any of the 30 teams in the NBA. That being said it is in the interest of finding the right team who will see you play and decide to make you one of their 18 orgazational contracts.

Last edited:
And then the local newspaper will post a front page picture when Bazley gets a Dennys endorsement deal :)

The conspiracy theories are one of my favorite things about this board. I'm honestly/pleasantly surprised that I haven't seen one person suggest that JB isn't totally upset about losing Bazley because it could mean more minutes for Buddy. Yes, that's an insanely asinine take, but you know that there's at least a handful of posters out there that genuinely believe it. I'm sure it will wash up on shore somewhere in the Syracuse.com comment sections.

As soon as Buddy starts getting big minutes and has a bad stretch of play...this board will be unreadable.

I’m sure the tbone’s of the board are already crafting their malcontent rant posts about how the coach favors his son.

Last edited:
The G-League draft is totally independent of the NBA. A drafted player only has rights to a G-League team and has no affiliation to an NBA team.

In the case of Bazley, since he is only eligble for the NBA Draft next year his rights can only be determined then, If a player gets drafted who has already been eligible for the NBA draft, he can get called up or signed by any NBA team.

1) Players Affiliated with the NBA Team (An NBA team can only have 18 contracts, so the most they will typically have is 5 players affiliated with the NBA team)
2) Players who have the rights with the G-League team, but whose contract is with the G-League and not the NBA.

Players in group #2, can be signed by any of the 30 teams in the NBA. That being said it is in the interest of finding the right team who will see you play and decide to make you one of their 18 orgazational contracts.
Good info. Thanks

Good stuff, thanks. Much of what gets posted about the G-League on this board is pure fiction, and with Bazley headed there, it will probably get worse.

As soon as Buddy starts getting big minutes and has a bad stretch of play...this board will be unreadable.

Won’t happen. Things are going to be different next season. The days of posters having one objective, whether that be attacking the program, a coach or a player, it’s going to end. Going to be a few sad posters. We’re tired of losing good posters because of the CONSTANT negativity by a handful.