Class of 2018 - Griffin Gelinas (CT), Attack, Flipped to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Griffin Gelinas (CT), Attack, Flipped to Michigan

I think everyone should sympathize with a kid who goes too far from home and the first semester of college isn’t good. Unless his name is Logan. Just playing of course

Lol, he stuck around a year at least

Still stings, just one player but imagine a 2020 attack of Refhuss, Wisnaukas, Cook and Seebold along with a then seasoned group of mids.

Found this video on Wests youtube explaining why he's transferring out of Lehigh at the end of the semester. Sounds like the side effect of early recruiting and not being mature enough to make that decision at 15. Good for him and hopefully he finds his path.

And just to bring it back to Gelinas, he's still tweeting (or at least retweeting) stuff from Michigan. Seems to be the only social media I can find for him that's current.

Last edited:
Found this video on Wests youtube explaining why he's transferring out of Lehigh at the end of the semester. Sounds like the side effect of early recruiting and not being mature enough to make that decision at 15. Good for him and hopefully he finds his path.

And just to bring it back to Gelinas, he's still tweeting (or at least retweeting) stuff from Michigan. Seems to be the only social media I can find for him that's current.

UMd had a highly ranked attackman, Curtis Zappala, opt out of lacrosse, a few years back. He didn't even show up in the fall and switched over to Drexel.

Why Curtis Zappala Walked Away from the Game

The Terps' could have used a right-handed scorer last season to fill out the offense, but that's life.

There are a lot of fantastic players at the D3 level. A lot of kids would rather be a star or significant contributor for a D3 team than barely play at D1. You also have to consider cost.

Some kids don't want to make the commitment of a D1 program either. I know that a younger brother of a former ACC player who was highly successful in college - someone we all know (not a cuse player) - and he just doesn't want to deal with the demands placed on D1 players. Now I don't know about Gettysburg program at all, but it's something else to consider.

Or yes his girlfriend could be there!