Grind it out, half court teams | Syracusefan.com

Grind it out, half court teams

Cuseball

Starter
these are the type of teams where you would worry about matchups in the NCAA's. We have struggled a bit with teams like USF, Notre Dame, Stanford and Georgetwon. Teams that want to run with us quickly realize that is not a good option (Uconn, NC State, Florida).

When the NCAA matchups come out the slowdown teams are the ones which should cause some concern in the 2nd or 3rd round. Teams like Wichita State, Wisconsin or Florida State (very good defensively) can be tough whereas a good shooting no defensive team like Creighton, Murray State, Vandy, Gonzaga or St. Louis would not be overly worrisome.

Down the road, obviously a team like Michigan State would be a very, very tough matchup.

28-1 Baby!

these are the type of teams where you would worry about matchups in the NCAA's. We have struggled a bit with teams like USF, Notre Dame, Stanford and Georgetwon. Teams that want to run with us quickly realize that is not a good option (Uconn, NC State, Florida).

When the NCAA matchups come out the slowdown teams are the ones which should cause some concern in the 2nd or 3rd round. Teams like Wichita State, Wisconsin or Florida State (very good defensively) can be tough whereas a good shooting no defensive team like Creighton, Murray State, Vandy, Gonzaga or St. Louis would not be overly worrisome.

Down the road, obviously a team like Michigan State would be a very, very tough matchup.

28-1 Baby!

All the more reason for hope as we keep winning games playing against this style of basketball. Past years I would have panicked to see a team like this in our bracket. Now I really think we will be more prepared if and when we face a team like this.

grind out games are what we are going to see in the NCAA tournament. They are frustrating to watch, but with the pressure in a one and done scenario it's good to have these games. Let's face it USF was playing in a one and done scenario last night, and I think we were looking passed them and onto last years National Champion who also needs a big win. Really not hard to see what's going on.

No, you are not.
I dont think Draymond Green would have the success against us that he has had against Big 10 teams. Plus Mich State isnt a great shooting team. They only average 4.9 3 point FG made per game which is dead last in the Big 10.

I dont think Draymond Green would have the success against us that he has had against Big 10 teams. Plus Mich State isnt a great shooting team. They only average 4.9 3 point FG made per game which is dead last in the Big 10.

I can see this but I also could see him be crafty and have a similar result as Biruda. Even Gilchrist I think had some success going right at the chest of Fab. Green can step out and make shots.

I can see this but I also could see him be crafty and have a similar result as Biruda. Even Gilchrist I think had some success going right at the chest of Fab. Green can step out and make shots.

Well that is what I would worry about is him sitting on the foul line shooting jumpers. That would however get him away from the basket and limit their second chance points seeing he is their best rebounder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom