Gross vs. BOT | Syracusefan.com

Gross vs. BOT

OttoForLife

2nd String
The tone of the conversation here seems to be placing "blame" at the feet of the Board. However, we all know the University's policy - big projects need to be somewhat funded before getting the final blessing from the institution.

Considering athletic fundraising reports to and is a HUGE part of the AD's job, I'm surprised more people are not calling DG out. Not that I expect an answer here on the board, but he need to be asked why a facility hasn't been funded yet. Wasn't Little hired to help him liase with big donors/former players to raise funds?

I know the football program has been a tough sell these last few years, but that's his job - like it or not.

The tone of the conversation here seems to be placing "blame" at the feet of the Board. However, we all know the University's policy - big projects need to be somewhat funded before getting the final blessing from the institution.

Considering athletic fundraising reports to and is a HUGE part of the AD's job, I'm surprised more people are not calling DG out. Not that I expect an answer here on the board, but he need to be asked why a facility hasn't been funded yet. Wasn't Little hired to help him liase with big donors/former players to raise funds?

I know the football program has been a tough sell these last few years, but that's his job - like it or not.

I call bullshit.

As I've asked many times, why can't we fund using the influx of ACC money for these projects? This is a financial stream that has never been available to us before, yet we still follow this antiquated B.O.T policy that "big projects need a certain percentage of private funding". We are a full share member of the ACC starting in year 1. The money will be available after that.

No one can give me a straight answer on this question...

As for TGD's fundraising, if I was reading the chart in Manley correctly, we are/were actually 75% (or more) towards the donations goal of the practice facility.

I call bullshit.

As I've asked many times, why can't we fund using the influx of ACC money for these projects? This is a financial stream that has never been available to us before, yet we still follow this antiquated B.O.T policy that "big projects need a certain percentage of private funding". We are a full share member of the ACC starting in year 1. The money will be available after that.

As for TGD's fundraising, if I was reading the chart in Manley correctly, we are/were actually 75% (or more) towards the donations goal of the practice facility.
This is precisely why Chakka is an idiot who knows nothing. What does he think Dr. Gross, Floyd Little, etc. have been doing for 4 years? Watching highlights of Little's career while eating Dinosaur take-out? He obviously needs a reminder that McNabb is a BOT member. Think he might have a role Chakka baby? What a S^&% head.

I call bullshit.

Wait...so you're implying that this issue is potentially over the remaining 25% ($5M for a $20M facility)? That can't be right. Can it?

All Dr. Gross should have to do is walk in there and say "Look around you, see what happens when you don't have a major college football program?". Thats really all he needs to say if the University cares about being relevant. I think if Syracusefan.com had a fundraiser right now, most people would donate because I dont think too many people here had any idea that it was apparantly this bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom