Growing pains | Syracusefan.com

Growing pains

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Growing pains. That's all that tonight was. Flashes of greatness followed by careless mistakes. That's what you get with a team that has more potential than experience, more athletic prowess than game intelligence.

At this point all I'm hoping with this team is their ability to stay above .500 in conference play. Get hot towards the end of the year, get into the NCAA's and make some kind of run. This team could be playing in the CBI in March or it could make it to the Sweet 16 - there are so many unknowns in between.

GrowingPains_S3.jpg

I agree but im skeptical on Joseph. I do think he will be a good one but I do not like his ball skills at all right now. I also feel like i'm saying he'll be good because he's a 4 star recruit at Syracuse, if he was at Boston College he wouldn't scare me one bit.

Listen, as long as we got each other, we got the basketball world spinning right in our hands. Baby rain or shine, all the time. We got each other sharing the laughter and love of all things boeheim.

Dude, whatever you're having, I'd like some of it!

All I can say is "Boner Stabone" . . . . . . . . . really who came up with that and how did someone with the final call think "Hey that's a good idea."?

That was the tail end of simpler times when that series was beginning, I'd imagine. Even though more vularity was banned, you could still say a lot more things than you could today and not have to worry about someone taking it the wrong way and accusing you of something.

jordoo said:
All I can say is "Boner Stabone" . . . . . . . . . really who came up with that and how did someone with the final call think "Hey that's a good idea."?

Boner's real name on the show was Sylvester stabbone lol

Growing pains was probably my fav sitcom growing up. Met fans will appreciate this. 1 of the producers or creator of the show was a die hard met fan. So he made their last name on the show Seaver, after Tom Seaver. And their neighbors were the koosmans, after jerry koosman.

Boner's real name on the show was Sylvester stabbone lol

Growing pains was probably my fav sitcom growing up. Met fans will appreciate this. 1 of the producers or creator of the show was a die hard met fan. So he made their last name on the show Seaver, after Tom Seaver. And their neighbors were the koosmans, after jerry koosman.

I never knew that was his real name on the show, but now that I do I find it hilarious! I wonder if that was a nod or a dig?

Boner's name was Richard and was known as Dickie until Mike called him Boner. His father's name was Sylvestor.

donniesyracuse said:
Boner's name was Richard and was known as Dickie until Mike called him Boner. His father's name was Sylvestor.

Ohhh right. I remember mike saying "your name is Sylvester stabbone??", but it must have been "your dad's name is Sylvester stabbone??"

CorduroyG said:
Ohhh right. I remember mike saying "your name is Sylvester stabbone??", but it must have been "your dad's name is Sylvester stabbone??"
Exactly! It was obviously a favorite show of mine growing up as well. Although, I doubt I saw much of the final seasons with Dicaprio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom