GT stream on ACC's website? | Syracusefan.com

GT stream on ACC's website?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Sometimes the ACC website will stream games. I recall watching one of the games towards the end of the season last year on their website. I don't have ESPNU, does anyone know if tonight's game will be streamed on the ACC website?

Do you not have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN either? Because the game will be streamed there as well.

Looks like they'll only have radio on their website, as they just have the WatchESPN link on their schedule.

Do you not have access to ESPN3/WatchESPN either? Because the game will be streamed there as well.

Looks like they'll only have radio on their website, as they just have the WatchESPN link on their schedule.

I have access to that, I just know that when it's usually streamed ala ESPNU on watchESPN, it blocks me because I don't have a subscription to ESPNU.

I have access to that, I just know that when it's usually streamed ala ESPNU on watchESPN, it blocks me because I don't have a subscription to ESPNU.
Gotcha, I didn't realize they pulled crap like that. That's a bush league move by ESPN.

A quick search yielded a no. Sorry but only ESPN3 streams ESPN games, at least I think. I would bet the ACC network games are streamed by the ACC which is what you may have seen last year.

Should pop up on replay a couple hours later but its not the same watching replays.

Gotcha, I didn't realize they pulled crap like that. That's a bush league move by ESPN.

WatchESPN is just the portal they use. You still need to have subscriptions to all of the channels to get the content those channels are broadcasting.

It's usually not a problem because we've been top 10 the last 5 years or so, but I knew this year we'd be on ESPNU a TON instead of at worst, ESPN2 or ESPN3.

There's (nearly) always a way if it is televised
https://www.google.com/#q=firstrowsports

Yeah. I'm well versed in firstrowsports, but if it's a choice between that or nothing, I'll choose nothing. It really ruins my experience as a fan when I'm trying to watch a game but can't because it's so pixelated. Ever since I got my first HDTV almost ten years ago I've been completely spoiled and have a really hard time watching non HD programming.

There's (nearly) always a way if it is televised
https://www.google.com/#q=firstrowsports
Arrrrrr, it's a pirate tee:

(EDIT: Should have gone with "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for tee" instead)

10561.jpg

Arrrrrr, it's a pirate tee:

(EDIT: Should have gone with "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for tee" instead)

10561.jpg

Yeah. I'm well versed in firstrowsports, but if it's a choice between that or nothing, I'll choose nothing. It really ruins my experience as a fan when I'm trying to watch a game but can't because it's so pixelated. Ever since I got my first HDTV almost ten years ago I've been completely spoiled and have a really hard time watching non HD programming.
Then I shall say to you both:
Argh, me mateys. Argh.
:)

My understanding is that your provider has to be an affiliated provider of ESPN, or in other words your internet company has to pay a subscription fee to provide WatchESPN and ESPN3 to their subscribers. Now, I suppose it's possible that if you have the same internet provider as your cable provider then they could block you if you don't subscribe to the ESPN network of channels, but it's not ESPN doing the blocking.

ESPN3 is for computers, WatchESPN is for mobile devices. Not all providers subscribe to both. My ISP (DSL) only subscribes to ESPN3, so I can watch all ESPN3 content online, but I can't watch anything on my Amazon Fire or phone.

Sometimes the ACC website will stream games. I recall watching one of the games towards the end of the season last year on their website. I don't have ESPNU, does anyone know if tonight's game will be streamed on the ACC website?

you got mail

I don't know the rules on this board for posting links to sports streaming sites so if anyone else needs a great site for live free game links just PM me

My understanding is that your provider has to be an affiliated provider of ESPN, or in other words your internet company has to pay a subscription fee to provide WatchESPN and ESPN3 to their subscribers. Now, I suppose it's possible that if you have the same internet provider as your cable provider then they could block you if you don't subscribe to the ESPN network of channels, but it's not ESPN doing the blocking.

ESPN3 is for computers, WatchESPN is for mobile devices. Not all providers subscribe to both. My ISP (DSL) only subscribes to ESPN3, so I can watch all ESPN3 content online, but I can't watch anything on my Amazon Fire or phone.

I understand everything that you're saying, but I think you misunderstood my post. My cable service includes ESPN and ESPN 2, but not ESPNU. I utilize both WatchESPN on my iPhone and ESPN3 on my laptop/XBox360. I am unable to access any content on either WatchESPN or ESPN3 that is hosted through ESPNU because I don't subscribe to it.

My issue has nothing to do with lacking access to WatchESPN or ESPN3, it's that I don't have ESPNU, hence I wasn't able to access the game tonight, either on TV, the internet, or my smartphone.

I understand everything that you're saying, but I think you misunderstood my post. My cable service includes ESPN and ESPN 2, but not ESPNU. I utilize both WatchESPN on my iPhone and ESPN3 on my laptop/XBox360. I am unable to access any content on either WatchESPN or ESPN3 that is hosted through ESPNU because I don't subscribe to it.

My issue has nothing to do with lacking access to WatchESPN or ESPN3, it's that I don't have ESPNU, hence I wasn't able to access the game tonight, either on TV, the internet, or my smartphone.

Got it.