GTown or UConn | Syracusefan.com

GTown or UConn

bszbsz

Walk On
As we have our last game in the big east regular season I am wondering who would you have rather played GTown or UConn?

I think this question has always been representative of the 30+ group and the 30 and younger group. Being under 30 I say UConn 1000x, but that is just me.

As we have our last game in the big east regular season I am wondering who would you have rather played GTown or UConn?

I think this question has always been representative of the 30+ group and the 30 and younger group. Being under 30 I say UConn 1000x, but that is just me.

I'm a UCONN fan and I still think it should be Georgetown.

I'm a UCONN fan and I still think it should be Georgetown.
A voice of reason! ;)

sdhusky is right. It had to be Georgetown (and I say that after having watched every single minute of today's debacle).

I like what JT3 said at the end of the game. They (SU) won the first BE season, we won the last. It is only fitting that we end this way, except we should have also won the last.

GTown because of the history.

We're done with UConn now, no need to talk about them again unless they end up in the ACC with us. As far as I'm concerned they're irrelevant to us. They might as well be BC (when they left the BE).

I'll never hate UConn like I do the Hoyas. Perhaps the elder Thompson helped create that extreme dislike with his words of wit, including some nasty comments today. But I'll never forget Ewing & Graham's contributions even though they were many years ago. I just don't see comparable elements in the UConn rivalry. I can tolerate a relatively healthy UConn sports program, but Georgetown has greater similarity to the anti-Christ than anything remotely holy. I wish them nothing but misfortune.

I favor Seton Hall a team we own so we could end with a W.
Final BE season: 0-3 vs GTown, UConn that's coming up big.

To me it's UConn. Far more intense rivalry for the younger 'Cuse fans.

"intense rivalry"??? WE hate g-town and they hate us. It isn't this childish stuff that goes on between Syracuse fans and UConn fans. It's pure hate. If you weren't there, you don't know.

if you want to talk about intense the g'town-cuse games in the 80's and 90's were unbelievable. came to blows on a couple occasions. the teams literally hated each other. now everyone is buddy buddy. this isn't even close.

I like what JT3 said at the end of the game. They (SU) won the first BE season, we won the last. It is only fitting that we end this way, except we should have also won the last.

And UCONN won the most in the middle :)