GT's Jose Alvarado dislocated elbow / out for season | Syracusefan.com

GT's Jose Alvarado dislocated elbow / out for season

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Im 99.9% sure I just saw Alvarardos bone coming out of his arm. Gruesome

Nasty play, but I don't think the bone was popping out. I think he dislocated his elbow, so it just looked horrendous

Nasty play, but I don't think the bone was popping out. I think he dislocated his elbow, so it just looked horrendous

I think it was a compound fracture too. ESPN said it wouldn’t even replay it.

Let me tell you about dislocated elbows. I had one this past summer. It hurt like hell. And it looked -- and was -- bizarrely painful before it underwent a "reduction" (medical lingo for a painful procedure to make it un-dislocated). Even after I thought it was getting better (after weeks of therapy), the doctor was very cautious about what I was allowed to do (in my case, no golf for nearly three months and no gym workouts that involved the affected arm). Even though it may not involve a broken bone, it is a bizarre injury that I was told might NEVER fully recover.

Fortunately in my case, I think it HAS pretty much recovered

Last edited:
Let me tell you about dislocated elbows. I had one this past summer. It hurts like hell. And it looks -- and is -- bizarrely painful before it undergoes a "reduction" (medical lingo for a painful procedure to make it un-dislocated). Even after you think it is getting better (after weeks of therapy), doctor is very nervous about what you are allowed to do (in my case, no golf for nearly three months and no gym workouts that involve the affected arm). Even though it may not involve a broken bone, it is a bizarre injury that may NEVER fully recover.
Hold out hope for recovery!

These are from my orthopedics lecture on the topic (shown with full permission for disclosure of course) from someone I know who dislocated both the elbow and knee on the same fall!

He's recovered 100% so hang in there!
IMG_3372.JPG
IMG_3373.JPG

Last edited:
Hold out hope for recovery!

These are from my orthopedics lecture on the topic (shown with full permission for disclosure of course) from someone I know who dislocated both the elbow and knee on the same fall!

He's recovered 100% so hang in there!
View attachment 122245 View attachment 122246

I imagine that to be a skateboarding accident that was likely videod and shown on youtube and the show Ridiculousness a bunch of times.

Those are awful.

1. If you dislocate a joint you have to usually tear ligaments/tendons/connective tissue and or break bones to do it. So recurrent instability is obviously a concern.

2. Elbows can’t take a joke. They get stiff af with even a brief immobilization and then they’re hard af to unstiffen.

3. Reducing an elbow is easy, fun, and very gratifying.

1. If you dislocate a joint you have to usually tear ligaments/tendons/connective tissue and or break bones to do it. So recurrent instability is obviously a concern.

2. Elbows can’t take a joke. They get stiff af with even a brief immobilization and then they’re hard af to unstiffen.

3. Reducing an elbow is easy, fun, and very gratifying.
Exactly which is why I was and remain so amazed, that with this patient above with the X-rays, he recovered 100% with no sequela. I tell him he's amazing and a medical marvel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom