Guard Play | Syracusefan.com

Guard Play

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
You can talk all you want about forwards - teams around the country have role players at forward/center and have been successful.

Our guards are inhibiting when they can't hit shots and make awful decisions with the ball.

With all due respect Jake, it is our guard play that holds us back this year.

Our guards have been very bad tonight. Especially when we had the lead...This is terribly discouraging

Our guards have been very bad tonight. Especially when we had the lead...This is terribly discouraging

The worst part is we only have two. We have had guards in the past who made similar type bad decisions but even with JB's short bench have always had a third who could come in and do something. This year we have two guards who have I play ALL the meaningful minutes of EVERY game.

They have been awful.

We ride CJ to a lead, then bam, guards decide to take over the game and ignore him. They're so not smart.

Boeheim's got to be beside himself.

On the other hand, you'd think it would just take one timeout to say "Hey! You two! You're not allowed to shoot. See this guy, #5? He's the reason we've led the whole game. He gets a touch on a every possession from here on out."

Boeheim's got to be beside himself.

On the other hand, you'd think it would just take one timeout to say "Hey! You two! You're not allowed to shoot. See this guy, #5? He's the reason we've led the whole game. He gets a touch on a every possession from here on out."

You'd think, right???????

I'm not as down on Carter-Williams as some are tonight (he was real good for most of the first 15:00, then made bad plays down the stretch), but for two months it's looked like the coaches need to get a handle on their talent.

Too little discipline from the starting guards again tonight; seems like it should be an easier fix.

Triche is having perhaps the most disappointing senior season by a guard in an SU uniform in a LONG LONG time.

I'm not as down on Carter-Williams as some are tonight (he was real good for most of the first 15:00, then made bad plays down the stretch), but for two months it's looked like the coaches need to get a handle on their talent.

Too little discipline from the starting guards again tonight; seems like it should be an easier fix.

Take out MCW/Brandon for 2 minutes at the ten minute mark to not only give them a little rest, but, dare I say, coach them up?

I don't understand it. Mental collapses down the stretch. Frustrating. Oh, CJ? 20 and 7 on 8-11 shooting. He's aight.

Take out MCW/Brandon for 2 minutes at the ten minute mark to not only give them a little rest, but, dare I say, coach them up?

I don't understand it. Mental collapses down the stretch. Frustrating. Oh, CJ? 20 and 7 on 8-11 shooting. He's aight.

Wonder what Fair is thinking right now...

"If all the attention wasn't on Michael "Diva" Williams, I might be a lottery pick myself this year!"

"If all the attention wasn't on Michael "Diva" Williams, I might be a lottery pick myself this year!"

Don't recall if it was the last play of the first half or a little earlier than that, but Fair got ignored and had a pretty funny face for his point guard. Looked so perplexed.

It doesn't seem like it'd be in Fair's DNA, but I think he has every right to get in his guards' faces and, to put it blunt, tell them to chill the F out.

Sometimes players can motivate eachother in those sort of ways.

It doesn't seem like it'd be in Fair's DNA, but I think he has every right to get in his guards' faces and, to put it blunt, tell them to chill the F out.

Sometimes players can motivate eachother in those sort of ways.

I'll be guilty of the dopey armchair analysis that we all (justifiably) hate, but this group just hasn't looked very comfortable with each other in that regard.

They're all fairly deferential toward one another on the court.

Pre-season concern about a leaderless 2013 squad: still fresh on my mind.

I'll be guilty of the dopey armchair analysis that we all (justifiably) hate, but this group just hasn't looked very comfortable with each other in that regard.

They're all fairly deferential toward one another on the court.

Pre-season concern about a leaderless 2013 squad: still fresh on my mind.

People here will of course call it INTER-TEAM PROBLEMS OMG THEY HATE EACH OTHER, but I've been on teams in a few sports, where sometimes you need to say what's on your mind. Pump up the player, let them know they play an important role to team success. Doing nothing and letting games like this continually end in this manner is weak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom