Guards | Syracusefan.com

Guards

SBU72

All Conference
Your the coach, what would u prefer as your starting back court, 2 pgs or 2 2G's? Now the pgs are 6, to 6.2 and pass first but can score some, the 2Gs are bigger, longer, shoot first and not best handle.

In the ACC you need to score, unless you are fundamentally sound like UVA. Have a usable offense with a D that's decent and can improve = NCAA's most years.

Your the coach, what would u prefer as your starting back court, 2 pgs or 2 2G's? Now the pgs are 6, to 6.2 and pass first but can score some, the 2Gs are bigger, longer, shoot first and not best handle.
You have to also factor in combo guards. I think of Jalen Carey as a combo guard. He is bigger and stronger but also has a good handle. I think you need one guy like that at least.

The former. I get that players that size might not be perfectly ideal for the zone, but being a good defender is about more than just height.

If there is one set of recruits we shouldn't sacrifice basketball skill over athletic profile, it is backcourt players. See: UVa.

You have to also factor in combo guards. I think of Jalen Carey as a combo guard. He is bigger and stronger but also has a good handle. I think you need one guy like that at least.
Yeah, you're right but I was sort of hinting that both groups trended towards that. Now days top college team could not have 2 5'10 pass only guards or 6'5 guys who had trouble bring the ball up court or shot as soon as they got the ball. PGs have to be able to score and SGs have to help wiyh the press and hit an open teammate. Having the absolute center point combo would close to the ideal. Maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom