Guerrier and Sidibe Tonight | Syracusefan.com

Guerrier and Sidibe Tonight

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Keys to the game imo.

Obviously Marek’s a key “big” too but he’s just completely physically and athletically overmatched by UNC. He’ll need to be a focal point in distribution and scoring where he can find openings.

Bourama and Guerrier are aggressive enough on the offensive boards to really disrupt UNC and potentially capture and sustain some momentum for our zone to take advantage of on the other end. These guys are very capable of combining for 20 and 20 tonight, with Sidibe playing HUGE when he’s not in foul trouble. UNC’s often split out in transition on the outlets while our shots are only midway through the air, this gives us a bigger opportunity for offensive boards than usual.

Question is, can we limit the dumb fouls? It’s bad enough the location of this game.

I really hope Quincy’s given a moderate leash and PT early in the first. Could be a roberson vs duke out of left-field performance

Keys to the game imo.

Obviously Marek’s a key “big” too but he’s just completely physically and athletically overmatched by UNC. He’ll need to be a focal point in distribution and scoring where he can find openings.

Bourama and Guerrier are aggressive enough on the offensive boards to really disrupt UNC and potentially capture and sustain some momentum for our zone to take advantage of on the other end. These guys are very capable of combining for 20 and 20 tonight, with Sidibe playing HUGE when he’s not in foul trouble. UNC’s often split out in transition on the outlets while our shots are only midway through the air, this gives us a bigger opportunity for offensive boards than usual.

Question is, can we limit the dumb fouls? It’s bad enough the location of this game.

I really hope Quincy’s given a moderate leash and PT early in the first. Could be a roberson vs duke out of left-field performance
This is a really good game for Eli at the 2

We need Buddy and JG3 to shoot well. Need our main 3 to score well to keep up. Marek/Sid/QG staying out of foul trouble would be ideal, but I doubt that happens.
Buddy and Joe need to play even basic defense. That is our team’s greatest weakness and major contributor to our foul issues.

Sadly this will never happen. We will do the same thing. If wrong I’ll gladly eat crow, humble pie, my hat and a pile of dog doo.
JB has on rare occasions made some post-season adjustments based on matchups, but only after losing to the said team twice in the regular season. 1 UNC beatdown probably wasn't enough to help us tonight.

Eli’s gonna eat, UNC scores they don’t play D.

we need two others, at least, to have big nights.
There defense took us out of our offense for the first 15 minutes of the last game. Everyone, especially Joe kept picking up their dribble and NC took advantage of it.

Reactions: 007
Sadly this will never happen. We will do the same thing. If wrong I’ll gladly eat crow, humble pie, my hat and a pile of dog doo.
Never in my life have I wanted a win more than I do now.

JB has on rare occasions made some post-season adjustments based on matchups, but only after losing to the said team twice in the regular season. 1 UNC beatdown probably wasn't enough to help us tonight.
Postseason adjustments led us to the final 4 in 2016. Granted the adjustments made were our staple- the press. But that's 1000% what won us the games against UVA and Gonzaga. Even though the change was obvious and probably done later than it should have with the athletes we had on the floor at the time.

We also finally stopped running high ball screens a million feet from the basket against Virginia when they would just hedge Mike G aggressively pushing him out even further.

Postseason adjustments led us to the final 4 in 2016. Granted the adjustments made were our staple- the press. But that's 1000% what won us the games against UVA and Gonzaga. Even though the change was obvious and probably done later than it should have with the athletes we had on the floor at the time.

We also finally stopped running high ball screens a million feet from the basket against Virginia when they would just hedge Mike G aggressively pushing him out even further.
Only adjustment that has a shot of working is abandoning the 4-1 zone and going traditional 2-3 tonight.

This is a really good game for Eli at the 2
I am 100% in agreement here. Sidibe, Marek, Guerrier, Hughes and Goodine would be my choice, but I'll take Girard. Will never see it though, so I'm not sure why I'm even posting it.

Every location is bad when it comes to limiting the bigs' fouls.
Marek will get at least one of his obligatory pointless reach-in fouls.
And Bourama will swing his blocking arm down on the shooter.
And Q will commit fouls of over-aggressiveness...which at least mean he's playing hard as usual.