Guess we still have a ways to go to earn national respect... | Syracusefan.com

Guess we still have a ways to go to earn national respect...

jekelish

Living Legend
90 minutes into College Gameday, and they have not once mentioned the game. I would have expected at least a quick recap of the No. 15 team in the country getting hammered, but apparently they'd rather talk about anything but the Big East.

A little annoying.

they are focused on todays games. ive been watching as well. it sucks, but SU was plastered all over ESPN last night. "THE LEAD" line on ESPN is reading Syracuse thumps #15 WVU 49-23. that is enough for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the coverage/discussions of this game are more about WVU failure to execute than our dominance. (Or about how bad the BE really is). Afterall, being crowned a good (or Top 25 team) is about consistent performance, not just one game. We need to continue playing like we did Friday to garner that type of attention, and IMO, rightfully so.

It's a great first step in the right direction for the program, no doubt about it. IMO, you can not anticipate that this will resonate too much nationally in terms of "respect" for SU. On the other hand, WVU is going to get beaten up for being a "finesse" team, and the BE as a whole will take another step backward nationally. Look at the standings...if SF beats Cincy today (and I think that they will), 6 of the 8 teams will have a 1-1 record. That's good for parity within the league, but no so good when you are not beating anybody of consequence outside of conference.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to really talk about us and giving us respect; I'm more just surprised they haven't mentioned that at top 15 team got it's ass kicked last night.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting them to really talk about us and giving us respect; I'm more just surprised they haven't mentioned that at top 15 team got it's ass kicked last night.

Got it. I guess I was responding more to your title for the thread. I would bet they get to WVU at some point.

Nah, no disrespect, it's just the news cycle, dozens of games today and a lot of ground to cover, plus several 5-minute-plus feature packages.

If all the favorites win, we might get more pub for the biggest upset of the weekend.

I think it's a whole Big East thing, not just SU. Even though it was an exciting game that dominates college football coverage for a night, it's still not worth more than a brief mention because it's the 'lousy' Big East.

I doubt Andrea Adelson is looking at her job as a significant stepping stone to bigger things.
[BTW, she's terrible. Just had to say that again.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom