H back | Syracusefan.com

H back

RICuse44

Starter
This is interesting. Depth chart released and broyld is the #1 H back. #2 is brisly, aka the salt badger. In that case this is not your traditional Keith Byars H back. This leaves me very excited about the creativity we may see from coach McDonald.

This is interesting. Depth chart released and broyld is the #1 H back. #2 is brisly, aka the salt badger. In that case this is not your traditional Keith Byars H back. This leaves me very excited about the creativity we may see from coach McDonald.
Can some of you Xs & Os guys explain what exactly is an H-back and what it's supposed to do?

Sounds like they are going to try to use Estime in a Percy Harvin sort of role? I'm fine with that, if he's as fast and shifty as he looks on film. Get your playmakers the ball in space and let them go to work.

Sounds like they are going to try to use Estime in a Percy Harvin sort of role? I'm fine with that, if he's as fast and shifty as he looks on film. Get your playmakers the ball in space and let them go to work.

That is exactly correct. Alot of dynamic playmakers, yet unproven, on the field this year. The new slot role will be enhanced especially.

From Wikipedia: "Because of the complexity of the position, a thorough knowledge of the offense is desirable in an H-back."

I hope that this isn't a basis for worry but wasn't it rumored last year that Broyld had problems digesting the playbook? And with a new OC, it's been reported that some of the terminology has changed, along with the playbook. Hope Broyld is able to keep up!

Salt badger. So hot right now. Salt badger.

Props to SWC for that one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

From Wikipedia: "Because of the complexity of the position, a thorough knowledge of the offense is desirable in an H-back."

I hope that this isn't a basis for worry but wasn't it rumored last year that Broyld had problems digesting the playbook? And with a new OC, it's been reported that some of the terminology has changed, along with the playbook. Hope Broyld is able to keep up!

Well, most freshman have difficulty with the playbook.

Can some of you Xs & Os guys explain what exactly is an H-back and what it's supposed to do?

Cliffnotes version- traditional H back a hybrid between tight end and fullback. Blocker and pass catcher (short passes though). The Thick Badger/Salt Badger duo will likely be more like Harvin in my opinion- not right off the line and less blocking responsibilities. Goal would be to get these guys the ball in space. Also would require less complete knowledge of the playbook. I imagine there will be a package where they are option one then a decoy. Can not wait for Ped State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom