Hack | Syracusefan.com

Hack

Huh sounds just the same as when he came to Cuse, same enthusiasm.

Huh sounds just the same as when he came to Cuse, same enthusiasm.
He didn't sound confident answering specific OC related questions.

Enthusiasm is Hack's hallmark and one of the reasons I really wanted him to stay.

People didn't think Lane Kiffin was ready for the Oakland Raiders job either...but look how well that turned out.

This is more about Dougs paranoid nature than Hack being ready. I hope that Hack does well. What will be interesting is how Doug treats Hack if the O is bad and people start calling for a change. Will Doug stick by Hack or save his own ass?

This is more about Dougs paranoid nature than Hack being ready. I hope that Hack does well. What will be interesting is how Doug treats Hack if the O is bad and people start calling for a change. Will Doug stick by Hack or save his own ass?
Agreed.

My money is on saving his own ass.

Why even ask that question? Everyone here, including go, already know the answer to that.

oh that other hack. cuz i just talked to gene and red buttons and they told me that "we're going the wrong way."
poseidon_adventure.jpg

(yes this belongs in the better things ended thread but c'mon it's 50 pages already)

Why even ask that question? Everyone here, including go, already know the answer to that.

You mean like the whole Donnie Webb story?

And who somebody hires shows paranoia, okay.

You mean like the whole Donnie Webb story?

And who somebody hires shows paranoia, okay.
Even you can't defend Marrone on his conduct with webb??? I have no problem with Marrone not wanting to talk to Webb or anyone else. But be man enough to tell him why. Not Marrone though. Complete putz. Marrone should take you with him to Buffalo.

Even you can't defend Marrone on his conduct with webb??? I have no problem with Marrone not wanting to talk to Webb or anyone else. But be man enough to tell him why. Not Marrone though. Complete putz. Marrone should take you with him to Buffalo.

Rahme said it didn't happen.

That's the data point I've had.

Rahme said it didn't happen.

That's the data point I've had.
No he didn't. He said that what OE said never happened. I never said that did happen. I know for a fact that Marrone blackballed Webb. I know for a fact that Marrone wouldn't talk to Webb about it. Like a man would. There is no debate on those facts. That is why Webb left the beat.

Obviously this is not Webb but there was a moment Marrone had with Weidner during Marrone's PC with the Bills. First Marrone was surprised and seemed pretty happy that Weidner was in attendance and then near the end he wanted to make sure he stayed behind to talk, well they exchanged a few words and the two hugged. No idea what that was all about but I sensed closure had occurred or at least mended.

Obviously this is not Webb but there was a moment Marrone had with Weidner during Marrone's PC with the Bills. First Marrone was surprised and seemed pretty happy that Weidner was in attendance and then near the end he wanted to make sure he stayed behind to talk, well they exchanged a few words and the two hugged. No idea what that was all about but I sensed closure had occurred or at least mended.
I have no idea what was actually going on, but it did seem that Marrone did not take well to "new media" and things that he could not tightly control. His Facebook page was pro forma. I hope that Shafer or someone else on staff takes a look at the way Peter Jackson handles Facebook and emulates it. Marrone never seemed excited about getting the message out. Facebook could be a great way for the staff to get out the message to recuits. It's available even during dead periods! :eek:

No he didn't. He said that what OE said never happened. I never said that did happen. I know for a fact that Marrone blackballed Webb. I know for a fact that Marrone wouldn't talk to Webb about it. Like a man would. There is no debate on those facts. That is why Webb left the beat.

I've heard different.

I've heard different.

Now that I know more than I ever cared to know about Roger Springfield, I'd love to know more about the Donnie Webb story.

How do stories like the one OE posted get out there when guys who know (Rahme) confirm they are completely false?

Now that I know more than I ever cared to know about Roger Springfield, I'd love to know more about the Donnie Webb story.

How do stories like the one OE posted get out there when guys who know (Rahme) confirm they are completely false?
Chip, trust me on this. I know for 100% what happened. If I wanted, and I don't and won't, I could tell you what the last things that were said between Webb and Marrone. Marrone blackballed Webb. I have no problem with that. He can talk to whoever he wants to talk to. He should have been man enough to give Webb an explanation. He wouldn't. Webb asked Sue Edson for help. She didn't get marrone to at least explain to Webb what he did. I never heard OE's story before he gave it here. No idea whether that happened or not. don't care enough to find out. My information is solid.