Had Scoop not fractured his ankle... | Syracusefan.com

Had Scoop not fractured his ankle...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
We may very well have seen FOUR Syracuse players drafted tonight. That's impressive. Makes it even harder to stomach our loss in Boston. This team could have cut em down. Oh well. Congrats to all three of our Orange Men who were drafted! And get well Scoop!

It is nice to think that, but I don't see any possible way Scoop would have been drafted. Hell, Kevin Jones wasn't even drafted.

It is nice to think that, but I don't see any possible way Scoop would have been drafted. Hell, Kevin Jones wasn't even drafted.
Ya i agree , getting drafted in the 2nd round doesnt even mean you will make the team if im right.

Scott Machado wasn't drafted either and I think some teams were possibly looking at either Scott or Scoop. If there was a 3rd round, Scoop probably would have been a mid round selection.

Kevin Jones didn't meet the teeth requirement. He was missing some. NBA teams don't like that. ;)

We may very well have seen FOUR Syracuse players drafted tonight. That's impressive. Makes it even harder to stomach our loss in Boston. This team could have cut em down. Oh well. Congrats to all three of our Orange Men who were drafted! And get well Scoop!
We'll never know. Who knows whether some team with a late draft pick would have picked a potential fan-favorite, high-character kid -- one that the NY Post called "lovable and quotable" -- instead of some foreign dude who may never show up.

We'll never know. Who knows whether some team with a late draft pick would have picked a potential fan-favorite, high-character kid -- one that the NY Post called "lovable and quotable" -- instead of some foreign dude who may never show up.

Agreed--it was a long shot [no question about that], but in the second round, anything goes. If a team really liked him, had a specific need at PG, or was a veteran team looking to just add one piece for inexpensive depth, etc.

Agreed--it was a long shot [no question about that], but in the second round, anything goes. If a team really liked him, had a specific need at PG, or was a veteran team looking to just add one piece for inexpensive depth, etc.
For some guys it's better not to be picked. Scoop will get a chance. As will Scott Machado and Kevin Jones. Now at least they can take a look at all 30 teams and not just be stuck with one. Hopefully Scoop will recover pretty quick.

For some guys it's better not to be picked. Scoop will get a chance. As will Scott Machado and Kevin Jones. Now at least they can take a look at all 30 teams and not just be stuck with one. Hopefully Scoop will recover pretty quick.

Completely agree--now he can be choiceful about which team he wants to go to camp with--hopefully a team where he has a better chance to latch on with. If he'd been drafted, that decision would be out of his hands.

I love Scoop, and I believe that he's going to have the opportunity to make tons of $$$ playing professional basketball, I just don't know ultimately that it will be in the NBA. And there's nothing wrong with that. Either way, I'm pulling for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom