Hakim Warrick, King of the Overrated? | Syracusefan.com

Hakim Warrick, King of the Overrated?

moqui

generational talent
tough words from Neil Paine of basketball-reference.com:

Warrick is the undisputed champion of overrated players, putting up a brutal minus-6.8 career mark (only Ron Mercer's minus-7.7 was worse among those with 6,000 minutes played from 2001-12). Warrick averaged 11-12 PPG during his heyday, before coaches figured out that he was costing them dearly at the other end of the floor. And the real surprise is that Warrick's Regularized Plus/Minus on offense was even worse than his defensive rate, the product of poor floor-spacing and rarely passing the ball.

Again, Regularized Adjusted Plus/Minus is far from an infallible metric, but if a player is showing up far from the league average (in either direction), or has a rating well out of step with his conventional reputation, it probably means you should take a closer look at his game to see if the common perception is inaccurate.

How is he overrated? I don't think anyone that has watched him play in the NBA has thought of him as a good player...

Jonny, Wes and Hak were three of the worst players in the NBA the past two seasons.

How is he overrated? I don't think anyone that has watched him play in the NBA has thought of him as a good player...
Yeah, I agree with that, sadly.

no offense moqui, but can we just delete this thread its kinda worthless to us.

Jonny, Wes and Hak were three of the worst players in the NBA the past two seasons.

Unfortunate but true. Is Wes injured? Saw him on the bench (in uniform) when watching most of the Cavs-Suns game the other day.

Unfortunate but true. Is Wes injured? Saw him on the bench (in uniform) when watching most of the Cavs-Suns game the other day.

Nope..he's getting healthy scratches. Just not in the plans there...

If Jordan trades for you than you are the worse player in the world. The dude doesn't get off the bench the only reason anyone is writing about him is that he is on Jordan's team. Because Jordan is the worse owner in sports as the media likes to spin it. And I am not defending Jordan its just bashing him as a owner sales.

If Jordan trades for you than you are the worse player in the world. The dude doesn't get off the bench the only reason anyone is writing about him is that he is on Jordan's team. Because Jordan is the worse owner in sports as the media likes to spin it. And I am not defending Jordan its just bashing him as a owner sales.
"worst"

Anyone think Hak might be able to put up some decent garbage fantasy NBA points out in Charlotte?

Anyone think Hak might be able to put up some decent garbage fantasy NBA points out in Charlotte?
he can still score; if he gets 20+ mpg, he'll score 10+ ppg . . . the question is whether the Cats can afford to play him that much, because his defense is so bad

But they are rich...sigh...dammit Wes and Johnny should have stayed. Hope it's spending well.

Nah. His rebounding numbers never really got there to merit fantasy consideration I would think.

I don't play NBA fantasy but am a hardcore NFL fantasy player. I would think that Varejao is tearing it up in the fantasy world?!

It comes down to the age old statement: don't you need to be rated to be overrated?

The guy who graduates last in his class from Med school is still a doctor. Hak is still Hak. Viva la Hak!!! Long live Hak!!!

He needs to go to the D-league. He needs to play games to work on his guards skills and to play more physical.

But they are rich...sigh...dammit Wes and Johnny should have stayed. Hope it's spending well.
I really thought Wes had turned the corner after the all star break last year, but looks like PHX is just going to let him fade into Bolivia

I really thought Wes had turned the corner after the all star break last year, but looks like PHX is just going to let him fade into Bolivia

A bad game turns into a bad week for him very easily!

Ouch.

This is what happens when you are a 6"7" player with no handle and a limited outside game. he is like a more athletic version of joseph with a worse handle.

I do miss tuning into those TWolves games, seeing Jonny pound the rock into the floor and Wes stand in the corner. Those were good times...good times.