Half of our team should be doing this | Syracusefan.com

Half of our team should be doing this

I wonder if Arinze would have been any better from the line if he did that.

I get startled by things in the pros all the time. Like how rex ryan punted on 4th and 2 from midfield with 4 minutes to go in ot of a must win game. Id fire him on the spot

He did the underhanded style free throw while in college at Louisville. He's owned it. Wonder if Arinze ever considered it too? Has to be mental for both of them, regardless of their routine. Repitition is supposed to be the key, wonder if repeatedly missing can just be ingrained too?

It doesn't work that well. Onuaku only shot 59% last year.

are you being sarcastic? with proper coaching and technique almost everyone should improve.

Rockets' Onuaku channels Rick Barry in debut
Never understood why more haven't tried this. I guess it's cooler to miss free throws than to make them underhanded.
Makes sense, but seriously, though—could You do that? 19-year old, in front of 20,000 people snickering... I don't think i would. Plus, it has to feel like 'giving up' on the conventional shot, which they, no doubt, continue to work on.

People assume improving FT% is just a matter of work and concentration, but physical matters often cause/compound the problems and go unrecognized. Hand sizes can matter. Confidence/personality matters. And personally, i only found out, well into my 40s, that my wrists don't have the same range of motion as everyone else's. No doubt why i always sucked as a shooter...

No, not at all. Like I said, Onuaku shot 59% using that form. That's not good.

thanks for the context of comparing it to how he did when he shot conventionally. feel free to keep pushing meaningless numbers.

thanks for the context of comparing it to how he did when he shot conventionally. feel free to keep pushing meaningless numbers.

I didn't say onuaku didn't improve. He did by a lot. That wasn't the point. But asking everyone that shoots below 75% or less from the free throw line to start doing this is crazy. You want Lydon, White, Gillon, and Thompson to start shooting free throws underhanded? All are 75% or lower. Coleman shot 67% last year from the free throw line, which was much better than onuaku.

No, not at all. Like I said, Onuaku shot 59% using that form. That's not good.

again i can't tell if you are being sarcastic? he was shooting 47% and then 59%. He improved more than 25%. Thats pretty good. He saved Lville 7 points by himself.

again i can't tell if you are being sarcastic? he was shooting 47% and then 59%. He improved more than 25%. Thats pretty good. He saved Lville 7 points by himself.

Again, not being sarscastic. Onuaku improved a lot, like I noted above. But 59% still isnt that good. Coleman shot 67%. I wouldnt want him to start shooting underhanded.

Again, not being sarscastic. Onuaku improved a lot, like I noted above. But 59% still isnt that good. Coleman shot 67%. I wouldnt want him to start shooting underhanded.

you stated "It doesn't work well"

and then you provided no data to support this.

what little data we do have suggests that it might.

you stated "It doesn't work well"

and then you provided no data to support this.

what little data we do have suggests that it might.

No, I said it doesn't work THAT well. And the 59% Onuaku shot supports that. Dejuan Coleman improved from 46% to 66% shooting them the way everyone else does. Shooting underhanded isn't the only way to improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom