Hand checks?? | Syracusefan.com

Hand checks??

Entropic

All Conference
I was pretty sure there was a new importance on calling hand checking this year but game after game I see our guys getting fondled constantly and it's never ever called.

Am I the only one seeing this? Is it in my head?

Duke hand-checks on every possession, with rarely a call. Don't know if K has the refs so intimidated, or whether they are just so used to seeing it that they don't call it. No one else seems to get away with it like they do. Read the ACC boards. Everyone bitches about this.

When they stopped calling them Duke's defense got good again as did Lville's LOL. It is funny that they don't call a couple to start each game that would stop it.

Reactions: MGP
screw officiating screw the acc screw the ncaa. So much for points of emphasis. It's bs and everybody knows it. But nothing will be done about it

When they stopped calling them Duke's defense got good again as did Lville's LOL. It is funny that they don't call a couple to start each game that would stop it.
I agree. Call a couple early and that will deter it. Every time I see these hyper active defenses like UVA, Duke, Pitt, etc. they keep getting to 2nd base on our guys. You would think they would get tired of fondling sweaty dudes all game long.

I was pretty sure there was a new importance on calling hand checking this year but game after game I see our guys getting fondled constantly and it's never ever called.

Again, college basketball is broken and is unfixable. It's obvious the key to success is to endlessly molest and assault your opponent. It works. it wins championships. Nobody seems to care that games in the 60s are dull as dirt, so it will continue.

At some point maybe TV ratings drop to a point they actually want to try to allow some offensive flow to the game because its hurting the bottom line - until then I expect we'll here lots about "points of emphasis" every year which stop being enforced by January - at which point the rock fights will start.

They haven't called them in any game in a long time. Back to the same ole same ole.

too busy concentrating on the block/charge calls. lol

too busy concentrating on the block/charge calls. lol
Seriously. Virginia didn't commit a single offensive foul I think according to the refs. The first 3 blocking fouls on us were OBVIOUS charges that resulted in free throws/and or offensive rebounds for Virginia. Then Ennis went and got like 3 offensive fouls by himself? We're never going to get 33% of those calls on the road apparently. Seems like nothing but bailouts whenever we play good D. Or make a good move to the rim on offense.

Also the loose balls are getting annoying. Seems like whenever we scramble for a rebound, we secure it, then our player gets trucked from behind and thrown to the ground and the other team just picks up the ball and scores. You can tell Cooney doesn't even want to go for rebounds and loose balls anymore cause he always gets tackled.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom