Happy 15 year anniversary 2003 National Champions! | Syracusefan.com

Happy 15 year anniversary 2003 National Champions!

2003 NC dogpile.jpg

It's funny, when we won that title, 1987 seemed like an eternity ago with the short shorts and grainy TV footage. But in one year, 2003 will be closer to 1987 than the present day.

so many young players on that roster. looked like we were set up for a good run. unfortunately that would never materialize.

Clearly, that night ranks up there for me as one of the best of my life.

That being said, and I may get some heat for this, but is this the type of thing an Elite or supposed Blue Blood program puts out? UConn has 4 titles, 'Nova now has 3. Is it because we just have one to laud? Do other programs with only one (whom consider themselves elite) title? Does KU, UK, UNC, Duke, MSU, etc., put out these type of tweats? As I said, it was great, etc., but for Pete's sake it was a decade and a half ago! Hopefully, another decade from now, we aren't putting up tweats about a Silver Anniversary, but rather celebrating and reminiscing something much more current.

Clearly, that night ranks up there for me as one of the best of my life.

That being said, and I may get some heat for this, but is this the type of thing an Elite or supposed Blue Blood program puts out? UConn has 4 titles, 'Nova now has 3. Is it because we just have one to laud? Do other programs with only one (whom consider themselves elite) title? Does KU, UK, UNC, Duke, MSU, etc., put out these type of tweats? As I said, it was great, etc., but for Pete's sake it was a decade and a half ago! Hopefully, another decade from now, we aren't putting up tweats about a Silver Anniversary, but rather celebrating and reminiscing something much more current.

KU put out a tweet about 2008 today too. Winning a title is the most special thing you can do in college basketball.

KU put out a tweet about 2008 today too. Winning a title is the most special thing you can do in college basketball.

I agree. But let's see if KU puts out that same tweet 5 years from now as we just did (and what I said about it being '15 years') commemorating the glory of yesteryear.

So, we should just ignore it? Gotcha.

No, but I don't think the school needs to send out an official tweet reminding Orange Nation, as it's something most fans won't ever forget. Hopefully, we get another one in the near future. I just think it makes us come across a bit small time-ish, IMO, at a 15 year mark. Maybe the football side feels slighted since we aren't sending tweets about 1959. But hey, maybe next year the athletic department can send out an official 60 year anniversary tweet. ;)

No, but I don't think the school needs to send out an official tweet reminding Orange Nation, as it's something most fans won't ever forget. Hopefully, we get another one in the near future. I just think it makes us come across a bit small time-ish, IMO, at a 15 year mark. Maybe the football side feels slighted since we aren't sending tweets about 1959. But hey, maybe next year the athletic department can send out an official 60 year anniversary tweet. ;)
Totally disagree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom