Happy 4 year anniversary | Syracusefan.com

Happy 4 year anniversary

I mean we recently passed the fifteen year mark for the triple court rush game and we’re fast approaching the fifteen year mark for 4/7/03.

I know everyone looks back at “25-0” as the sort of beginning of our current slump and therefore the Ennis season is viewed sort of negatively, but this was honestly the point in my Cuse fandom where I was happiest with the state of the program. Coming out of this game we were 25-0, ranked #1, in our 5th or 6th straight year of playing elite or near elite level college basketball. It seemed like we’d reached an unprecedented height in the history of our program.

I mean we recently passed the fifteen year mark for the triple court rush game and we’re fast approaching the fifteen year mark for 4/7/03.

In a little over a year, our national title will be closer chronologically to the Keith Smart shot than the present day.

Was in my dorm surrounded by my best friends going crazy when this shot hit. Needless to say did not make it to my early class the next morning.

Nothing was sweeter than embarrassing Indiana in the tourney though.

HDTV started around 2005-2006ish, and the quality doesn't degrade at all over time. So when they show footage of games such as the 6OT game, even though it was almost 10 years ago, it kind of feels like yesterday because the quality of the picture is the exact same as a game that happened yesterday.

Rakeem's Instagram after that game:

upload_2018-2-13_16-26-11.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom