Happy Day | Syracusefan.com

Happy Day

durhamcuse

Walk On
Syracuse wins easily and down goes Duke! It will be so much easier to go to my work at Duke with them losing.

Go Cuse!

Damn I did not realize I was watching the Duke game on a few minute delay in OT.

I would be feeling a lot better if we beat St. Johns, good win for Utah.

I would be feeling a lot better if we beat St. Johns, good win for Utah.
I know. I'm not going to worry about any What losses during this f'ed up suspension of our head coach. We have a very young team that needs guidance and consistency in coaching. We have the chance to be pretty darn good, but it will take some growing up on the part of some of our players. Biggest worry is rebounding, though.

Syracuse wins easily and down goes Duke! It will be so much easier to go to my work at Duke with them losing.

Go Cuse!
Easily?? They finally got it going about mid-way through the 2nd half, then Cornell made a little run towards the end to get it to 12 or 13. SU was lucky on the play TC threw the ball away and they missed. Nothing will be easy with this team.

Easily?? They finally got it going about mid-way through the 2nd half, then Cornell made a little run towards the end to get it to 12 or 13. SU was lucky on the play TC threw the ball away and they missed. Nothing will be easy with this team.
Relatively easily. In the sense that they responded well to the late run by Cornell, I am happy. My joy with this team will be in baby steps.

Relatively easily. In the sense that they responded well to the late run by Cornell, I am happy. My joy with this team willin be in baby steps.

For the 3 rd time this year, the team went into stall ball with over 5 minutes left. Do not understand this strategy at all. We went 3 straight trips with only 1 halfassed shot and let Cornell have an 8-0 run. Finally we went back to trying to attack the basket. Do not take the foot off the pedal !!!! Win by 35!!!! It's like we are scared we will blow our 16 pt lead to Cornell unless we take the air out. Someone needs to inform the coaching staff that the 5 minute mark is way too early for stall.

Go Cuse!

I love it when Duke loses.

For the 3 rd time this year, the team went into stall ball with over 5 minutes left. Do not understand this strategy at all. We went 3 straight trips with only 1 halfassed shot and let Cornell have an 8-0 run. Finally we went back to trying to attack the basket. Do not take the foot off the pedal !!!! Win by 35!!!! It's like we are scared we will blow our 16 pt lead to Cornell unless we take the air out. Someone needs to inform the coaching staff that the 5 minute mark is way too early for stall.

You have to take time off the clock, and limit the other teams possessions, the closest Cornell ever got it was 12.

We always go at 8 seconds or below and when we do we get one pass off. And when you try to break it down passing for a inside basket it takes 4-5 without dribble penetration.

But the coaches know all that. Sometimes I wish we would go with stall ball at 15 instead of 8, to get 3-4 good passes. 3 1/2 possessions would equal one extra doing that, and give a better setup for a offensive board.
losing 1 out of 15 games though can't argue. We still could have missed the next two and they hit 2 quick threes and its a 6 point game with 1:30 left.

Malachi was driving well and heating up attacking the lane. He missed 2-3 in stall time.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom