Hard to not be excited about... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hard to not be excited about...

We may not get 35 in any of our remaining games.

All under 22 ppg
Clemson 13th nationally
BC 16th
VA Tech 25th
Wake 29th
NC State 37th

Over 31 ppg
Pitt 90th
FSU 105th

Teams we have played already
Louisville, UConn, USF tied at 58th
ND 100th

Just going on PPG we likely will go down. I think we can get 35+ against NC State and Pitt but that is it.

Hasn't BC played 2 D1aa's and umass?

I get not throwing it if the safety stays back deep enough, because he'll just jump in front before ET can even fight for it. He's watching the ball the whole time. But yeah, maybe on 3rd and long, better to just take that chance than all the slip screens in a traffic jam. If it's an INT, so be it, it's like punting but with a chance at actually converting.

Need that 2nd deep threat so the safety has to make choices. If both safeties stay back, you crush them with the slot guys.
The only other player on the roster who might end up being a deep threat is Butler, would like to see more 5 receiver sets without a running back.

I think we'll have a good sign of the offense finally clicking completely when this team plays 4 solid quarters offensively against a team instead of amazing first quarters and so/so 2-4th quarters.

I don't either - just not sure if Strickland is ever going to be the guy to help this offense take a big step. Don't see the vision or ability to get the extra yards.
No holes through which to run.

I don't buy these at all.

BC has played no one with a good offense outside of VaTech (#73 O S&P+, #16 passing) to whom they gave up 49.
NC State has played no one with a good offense outside of ECU (#61 O S&P+, #9 passing) to whom they gave up 445 yds and 33 points.
Wake has played two good passing attacks the last two weeks (NC State #14 O S&P+, #30 passing to whom they gave up 500 yds and 33 points) AND (Indiana #48 O S&P+, #8 passing to whom they gave up 600 yds and 28 points)

Clemson is legit, of course.
BC has a very good pass D.

BC has a very good pass D.

Too early to tell. The only team with a pulse they played that could pass the ball was VA Tech. They weren't a "very good pass D" that day. Hard to go on last year with the player and coaching turnover.

Um the point is this year we are working with better talent. We should be significantly better on O when you add in a healthy Soph Dungey and an NFL draft pick WR. Yet we aren't. You aren't comparing apples to apples 2015 vs 2016.
In your last post, you said one could argue that our offense this year isn't better than last year's, even with ET. I don't know how you can say that, unless you didn't watch last year's offense.

And you still can't remove players from the equation in order to compare "apples to apples". Again, that's a pointless exercise that would lead you to have to start putting in last year's numbers into this year for guys that are hurt or gone, like George Morris and Devante Macfarland or reduce everything to common denominators and remove guys and stats from both teams until you're left with a group of players from both rosters. Not to mention we have a new offensive system in place that takes 18 games to implement that you want to compare with a seat-of-the-pants system that was being run last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom